Robert Half is pleased to be representing a leading financial services business based in West Midlands. We have been engaged to recruit an ORM Manager reporting into the Senior Operational Risk Manager. This is a permanent, full time opportunity.
To provide oversight to risk management, and support implementation of, the operational risk management framework to relevant business areas.
To promote good control related behaviour by key risk takers within the business and ensure that areas of risk are identified, and mitigating actions are sufficient to mitigate those risks to within the appetite of the business, its shareholder and other stakeholders.
Risk Management Oversight:
- Act as the designated "Risk Partner" for specific areas within the business.
- Manage the design and implementation of the ORM framework within agreed areas, acting as a champion and guardian of appropriate Control Related Behaviour across the business.
- Act as an expert consultant on risk management techniques and control environment design to the business during Business As Usual (BAU), projects (including strategic change) and deals.
- Lead forward looking nimble Risk Reviews to provide assurance to the Boards on the design of the operational risk framework and work with the business to make improvements to their control environment whenever required.
- Make observations on whether the processes and procedures adopted by the business are compliant with applicable internal and external requirements (including Solvency II) and best practice internal control system design.
- Drive continuous control improvement by ensuring management actions in response to emerging risks, key operational risks, issues and operational events are appropriate and completed in a timely manner.
- Complete analysis of operational risk and control environment outputs and continuously scan the holistic internal and external risk environment to identify the corporate and strategic key risks.
- Produce risk reporting to Board standard, which provides an independent view on the adequacy of the control environment, draws themes and reasonable conclusions from underlying data sources and ensures stakeholders are aware of the risk exposures near or exceeding tolerance.
- Support the development and maintenance of departmental reporting and analysis tools and actively drive transparency in reporting across the business.
- Provide constructive and timely feedback to the organisation on risk management and control design.
- At least 7 years' experience within a risk management, audit discipline or other relevant role (e.g. Governance/Oversight).
- Leading/Managing others (including 'virtual teams').
- Experience in leading or supporting major change programmes or projects.
- Financial services industry and life assurance industry.
- 2nd line oversight of retail customer services, major change programmes or corporate functions
Salary & Benefits
This role is paying GBP45,000 to GBP55,000 + 10% performance related bonus
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.