Visiting Teacher in Science for Access and Foundation Degrees Programm
South Thames College is one of London's largest providers of post-16 education and training and an ongoing and significant contributor to the local community. We aim to keep students at the heart of everything we do. Continuing investment in the development of the College's main sites, at Wandsworth and Merton, has resulted in first-class facilities that give our students a 'real-world' experience throughout their course.
We are looking for hard-working and collaborative people who can join our team and help challenge our students to progress and achieve.
Visiting Teacher in Science for Access and Foundation Degrees Programmes
Salary: GBP27.97 (includes 0.5 for non-contact duties)
Job Req: REQ000205
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Lecturer in Science for our Access to HE and Foundation Degrees programmes in partnership with Kingston University. This role will require you to manage and lead an established work based learning programme. As a programme leader and course tutor, you will be involved in the development and delivery of the course.
Ideally you will have:
- A recognised teaching qualification e.g. DTLLS, PCET or QCF level 5 Diploma in Education or are willing to work towards one
- A relevant science based degree qualification and be able to deliver biology, chemistry, physics and maths
- Recent experience teaching science on Access or Foundation Degree Programmes
- Excellent subject knowledge
- A proven track record of consistently good/outstanding teaching
- The ability to engage different learners through a range of teaching resources
- Good leadership and management skills
Closing date for the return of completed applications is Tuesday 28 th March 2017.
South Thames College is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults.
*When applying for this role, please reference 'AoC Jobs' as your application source when asked.
Please note CVs are not accepted.
The benefits package includes generous annual leave, pension scheme, subsidised sports facilities and professional development and training.