Assistant Fund Accountant (Flexible Working)
Langham Hall is a thriving young company which was formed in 2006 and now has operations in London, Luxembourg, Hong Kong, Singapore, New York, The Netherlands and the Channel Islands with over 170 staff. We currently have a fantastic opportunity for two part - time Assistant Fund Accountants to join our team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Compile and analyse financial information underlying the financial statements, including the treatment of business transactions.
- Oversee preparation of management accounts both at asset and fund level, including supporting files and review of all work produced by team.
- VAT reporting.
- Cashflow forecasting and treasury work.
- Contribute recommendations for improving the organisation's operations.
In addition to the duties listed above, the candidate may be requested to perform any other ad hoc duties or projects as requested.
Required Technical Knowledge / Skills
- Strong technical accounting skills, ideally gained within real estate funds or an asset management environment.
- A full understanding of UK GAAP or IFRS and other relevant accounting standards, and related preparation of statutory financial statements and auditor liaison.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals and performance measurement reports at asset and fund level.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations for which there may be little precedence.
- Some experience of effectively presenting information and responding to questions from groups of managers and especially clients.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Confident and proactive approach and professional attitude to work.
- Highly organised with good time management and planning skills.
Desired Technical Knowledge / Skills:
- Working knowledge of US GAAP.
- Knowledge of Sun Systems.
Desirable (not mandatory):
The candidate will be ACA / ACCA / CIMA newly qualified – 1 year PQE.
Flexible Working Hours:
- The role should entail 1 – 2 weeks of work per quarter (75 hours) which may increase over time
- Usual working hours are 09:00 to 17:30 with an hour for lunch
- Salary: Competitive
- Full benefits package including private healthcare, pension and discretionary bonus
If you are interested in this position, please send a copy of your CV to HR@langhamhall.com and include details of your salary expectations, notice period and interview availability.