Managing Editor - Head of Digital Content, Head of Content, Managing Editor, digital content, content strategy, SEO, social media, consumer focused, personal finance, money matters, financial services, journalism, Head of Press, Managing News Editor
London - Up to GBP71,500 per annum + excellent benefits - Permanent
My client, a forward-thinking financial services consumer organisation who aiming to improve financial capability of the UK population, is looking to recruit an exceptional Managing Editor to lead a team of content specialists to develop and execute the content strategy in support of the broader organisational goals across all channels including core website, blog and social and off site content provision.
The post holder will be tasked with overseeing the development of all content, ensuring editorial quality, creativity and relevance to target users, whilst also developing content design and solutions which meet proposition requirements around what customers need to know and do.
It is essential that the successful candidate possesses the following experience:
- Significant experience of developing and delivering multi-channel content strategies while managing broad publishing functions and developing teams of content specialists.
- Experience of social media strategy and search engine optimisation (SEO).
- Strong leadership skills and committed to effective team development and delivery of objectives
- Highly skilled digital writer and editor, with in-depth understanding of the principles of writing for web audiences. Ability to communicate complex products, services and features, in a simple, intuitive and engaging manner.
- Excellent listening and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with a range of groups and individuals internally and externally.
- Skilled at identifying opportunities for improvement and efficiencies, and at implementing processes that promote productivity and quality.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and to juggle competing workloads and deadlines, while ensuring excellent attention to detail and accuracy at all times.
- Experience of commissioning and managing third-party suppliers
If you feel you have the requisite knowledge and skills, please email your CV in the first instance. Suitable candidates will be contacted accordingly. If you require further information about this opportunity, please contact James.