Agency Sales Account Manager
Agency Sales Account Manager
Who we are
Mumsnet is the UK’s biggest website for parents, and our purpose is to make their lives easier. We’ve got some of the busiest forums in Europe, with users offering each other advice and support 24/7 (as well as more content, bloggers, videos, events and campaigns than you can shake a rattle at). We want to be indispensably useful for parents, and a great place to work.
Why work for us?
We’ve grown sustainably over the last 16 odd years and we’ve got every intention of carrying on. We’re building a high-performance, collaborative and agile work environment. We believe that mistakes are human, but learning is divine. We put purpose before profits, we’re committed to diversity and equality, and our computers - metaphorically speaking - say 'YES'. We don't only want to hire the best people: we want to retain them. If you need some flexibility, let us know and we’ll do our best. For more about our equality and diversity policy, see here.
We host sandwich lunches, staff parties and knowledge sessions, we have a choir, a book club and a football team, and we have our own yoga studio while remaining tolerant of the Lycra-averse. Working for Mumsnet means never having to pretend you don’t have a family (or other commitments) and we promise never to keep you away from the school sports day.
Where we are
We’re based in sunny Kentish Town, where you’re never more than 500 metres away from a sourdough pizza and an elaborately refurbished pub.
Working within a vibrant advertising sales team and reporting to the Head of Agency Sales, it will be your responsibility to drive advertising revenues within your agency patch. By joining the team you'll be able to build your career by representing a high profile media brand within a dynamic, fast‐paced working environment that is also fun and highly rewarding. The Account Manager will play a crucial role in targeting senior level personnel at agencies and selling the diverse online portfolio.
What you will do:
- Build and develop strong relationships within your agency patch
- Generate new business as well as nurturing existing clients
- Utilising effective relationships with agencies to deliver advertising revenue against targets
- Increasing revenue across all budgeted lines including display (DMP) programmatic, native, social, events, sponsorship, newsletters and video
- Targeting relevant agency and direct clients with ideas and solutions
What you must have
- Minimum of 2 years digital media sales experience. Commercially driven with strong agency contacts within the top tier media agencies
- Experience selling both over the phone and on a consultative face to face basis, pitching to senior level decision makers.
- Must possess excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong negotiation skills are essential to secure solid campaign rates in line with rate and yield guidelines
- Excellent team player with a proven track record in achieving and exceeding sales revenues
- The ability to devise creative online cross-portfolio marketing solutions
- Strong industry knowledge
- Keen attention to detail
We're happy to consider candidates wanting to work 4 days per week on a pro-rata basis.
If all of this sounds good to you, please apply with your CV and a covering letter that demonstrates some of the qualities we’re looking for.
Deadline for applications is Friday, 14th April 2017.
We’ll be calling the best candidates for interview as soon as we spot them so don’t delay in applying!