- Full Time
An experienced Commercial Manager required for a Middlesex-based Defence client to manage multiple contracts and relationships, ranging from multi year, multi million pound development or service contracts, to sale of products, spares and support.
Role: Responsible for providing commercial management of contracts across all the Business Units, from receipt of enquiry until receipt of payment from the customer: this will include commercial input for major tenders, preparing quotations, preparation and negotiation of contracts and contractual agreements, identification and management of commercial risks.
- Evaluating customer enquiries and invitations to tender.
- Drafting accurate contract documentation and agreements.
- Negotiating and finalizing contracts with UK/overseas commercial customers and with UK Ministry of Defence (MOD).
- Provide clear guidance on the flow-down of contract conditions to sub-contractors in order to support the Procurement function.
- Advising Programme Managers on all contractual aspects to deliver programmes in a cost effective manner.
- Identifying and managing/mitigating commercial risks through appropriate mechanisms and proactive contract administration.
- Protecting the interests of the business by ensuring appropriate records of all commercial matters are kept.
- Significant experience in contract negotiation and the commercial management of supply contracts, post design services, integrated logistics support and installation for both UK and overseas customers.
- Significant experience of drafting, analysing and modifying Terms & Conditions for Sale or Purchase, including identification of commercial risk within terms and identifying, implementing mitigation strategies.
- Significant experience of building relationships with customers, partners and other stakeholders, and all levels of the business.
- Working knowledge of the financial implications of Proposals & Contracts; Payments Terms, Payments Plans, cash flow,
- Working knowledge of import and export controls and procedures desirable
- Experience of working in the defence sector and with UK MoD desirable.
- Proficient in the use of office software; word processing, spreadsheets, ERP/Contract administration, Project Planning.
Educated to degree level, or equivalent professional/vocational qualification desirable.
Must be capable of obtaining UK Security Clearance to SC level
To arrange an interview, please call Jonathan Taylor, or email CV to (see below)
WA Consultants is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as described within The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.