Sub-Editor/Writer - Creative Agency
An ambitious independent marketing and communications agency are looking for a Sub-Editor/Writer to join their creative team.
The role will be working with various different clients, covering sectors such as technology, government agencies, health and beauty, FMCG and telecommunications. The projects are diverse and include internal and external communications, presentations, video and animation, live events and exhibitions.
Sub-editing across a variety of media formats:
- Ensuring all content produced is proofed to the highest possible standard, checking for grammatical and factual errors and inconsistency.
- Editing text to fit defined word counts and design layout.
- Working closely with copywriting and design teams to ensure documents and content are finished to the highest quality.
- Proofing and polishing internally-produced materials for competitive tenders, pitches, internal and external communications and other administrative documents.
Research and copywriting:
- Researching topics, products and events in order to provide creative input to pitches and copywriting projects where required.
- Copywriting for internal communications and projects during busy periods.
Internal projects and social media:
- Aiding in the creation of engaging content for the website and social media presence.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- A degree in a relevant field such as English, Journalism or Marketing.
- 2-3 years' in a sub-editing or editorial role.
- Proven experience sub-editing across a range of deliverables and formats.
- An understanding of legal and libel laws and guidelines.
- Experience covering technology brands and/or information security topics would be a bonus but are not a requirement.
This is a great opportunity to join a creative, friendly and growing environment! If interested please send your CV to (see below)
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.