Marketing Data Analyst
FTC for 12 months - high potential to become permanent
Customer Data Analyst - Database Marketing
Provide data analysis, insight, customer selections and database management updates in order to deliver marketing campaigns and to evaluate their effectiveness.
1. Develop and maintain the marketing database to ensure that it meets business requirements.
2. Analyse, segment, and recommend selections for marketing campaign activity [email, direct marketing and outbound]. This to include propensity modelling to produce more timely, more relevant and more effective marketing campaigns including cross-sell and upsell activity.
3. Provide the appropriate quality assurance and suppression checks on the required data to enable efficient and appropriate direct marketing activity, on time and to budget.
4. Plan, manage and deliver analysis to deliver meaningful insight on the performance of a campaign enabling key stakeholders to make data driven decisions on marketing activity. Produce, collate and report on standard marketing metrics such as matchbacks, contacts, email metrics, visits, quotes, sales, conversion ratios, ROI and other metrics aligned to spend. To make recommendations on future customer selections on the back of this analyses. This accountability will be focussed on Mutual Direct marketing activity.
5. Creation of campaign dashboards across channels to showcase month by month performance across all channels.
6. Undertake analysis and validation on business cases/ROI assumptions for key internal stakeholders. Present the analysis through a variety of communication methods in a clear and concise manner enabling the business to understand the findings and make data- driven decisions.
7. Build, maintain and develop relationships with stakeholders and third party suppliers to ensure the development of the marketing customer database and delivery of analysis and transfer of data is on time and to quality, and meets regulatory and data governance standards.
8. Deliver short term/one-off projects and activities as required by and to the standards and outcomes agreed with Line Manager.
Educated to degree level or equivalent
Experience and Knowledge
- High level of numeracy and strong analytical skills, database management
- Proven experience in a similar marketing data analysis role
- Experience with software and analytical and reporting tools, eg Excel, SQL, SPSS, SAS, R, Access, Power BI
- Experience of segmentation models eg Mosaic, Financial Strategy Segments, Acorn.
- Experience of working with a 3rd party data partner
- High commercial acumen.
- Experience in a marketing role in a financial services organisation
- Experience of coding
If you have experience analysing marketing data, and you are looking for an opportunity to share your own ideas and drive a company forwards, then please send your CV to (see below) or call