Senior Consultant - Programme Management, FS
Larson Group are working with this top consulting firm with a growing Financial Services practice in their Edinburgh office which is on a sustained development track.
Their Programme Management team consists of extremely experienced and proven Financial Services professionals, who draw on their knowledge and experience to help clients initiate, recover and manage large-scale programmes. The team specialises in driving through business critical change, whether it be business transformation, IT-led or regulatory programmes.
Working closely with their clients in large organisations; they understand what is really important, offering points of view and advice, supporting them, building confidence and ultimately ensuring efficient delivery.
Through the vast experience they offer by means of the individuals in the team, they assess situations quickly, apply their thinking and improve Executive decision making in our clients. They are looking to expand by recruiting people with an outstanding delivery background in Financial Services, who have the right attitude and commitment needed to work on the very largest and most complex Programmes in the industry.
Programme Management, Senior Consultant
As a Senior Consultant, delivery excellence comes as standard. You will find yourself leading Projects and key workstreams for clients and using your experience and Financial Services knowledge to shape initiation, advise on Governance structures and mentor their staff through the Programme life cycle.
You may lead small internal teams, run engagement logistics and play a contributing role in developing propositions. They expect a strong background of successful end-to-end Project delivery in blue chip FS clients.
Key Skills Required
- Evidence of performing a leadership role through a full end-to-end Project life cycle for at least 2 initiatives with a budget of over GBP1m
- Financial Services experience, with good technical expertise in one of our key sectors (Banking & Capital markets, Insurance, Asset Management)
- Strong background of leading teams, comprising both IT and business specialists
Personal Attributes Required
- Team player who can quickly build rapport with the client and prove credibility
- Highly flexible and a willingness to 'get hands dirty' as well as providing strategic direction
- Bring FS and project management skills and experience that the client does not have access to internally
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Ambitious and shows willingness to move career forward quickly through a variety of client interactions and assignments that will push and challenge you on a daily basis
- Ensure client deliverables are quality focused and delivered on a timely basis
- Regularly interface with client organization at appropriate levels and be responsible for managing the relationship
- Ensure effective execution of methodologies
- Utilize existing relationships to develop business opportunities
- Endeavour to become the trusted advisor of clients - be seen in the market place and be recognized as a first-choice solutions provider
- Manage multiple stakeholder communities with varying levels, experiences and agenda
- Develop people through effectively supervising, coaching, and mentoring staff
- Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for staff
- Contribute to people initiatives, including recruiting, retaining and training
- Maintain an educational program to continually develop personal skills
- Understand and follow workplace policies and procedures
- Business degree, at 2:1 or better
- Professional Project Management Certification (preferred)
Larson Resource Group Limited is registered in England & Wales with a company number . Registered office address is Windsor House Cornwall Road Harrogate HG1 2PW. Our VAT number is . Larson Resource Group Limited trades as an Employment Agency when placing permanent candidates and as an Employment Business when placing Contractors (under the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment and Business Regulations 2003) In accordance with these regulations you should have received a copy of our Client Terms of Business. If you have not received a copy please contact a member of staff immediately. All discounted rates quoted are only valid providing all other terms are met in accordance with our standard Client Terms of Business.