Senior Consultant, Operations - Financial Services
Larson Group is delighted to be working with this top consulting firm experiencing sustained growth in its Financial Services Advisory team is recruiting for some exceptional Senior Consultants to join its high-performing Edinburgh Performance Improvement & Operations team. Experience of either a FS consulting or FS organisation environment is essential as you will be delivering an array of projects for a portfolio of clients.
With an unmatched reputation for industry insight, technical expertise and delivery excellence, my client is experiencing significant growth within its Financial Services Performance Improvement consulting practice.
It is continuing to expand its Operations Advisory team and is looking to recruit individuals with combined sector and Operations knowledge to join this team.
The firm has already attracted significant talent from both industry and consulting to drive the growth of this business, and are now looking to recruit high calibre individuals at Senior Consultant level.
Profile and Skills
We are looking for candidates who have ideally been through a graduate scheme or structured development programme with a recognised Financial Services provider or consulting firm and with good technical expertise in one of our key sectors (Banking & Capital Markets, Insurance, Asset Management).
In addition, candidates will also need the following skills:
- Ambition to build/develop a career in advising Financial Services clients around operational improvement and revenue enhancement at the firm
- Intellectual strength and flexibility to rapidly understand complex problems and rationalise these into a workable solution which can be delivered
- Ability to develop and deliver high quality output against project objectives and meet tight deadlines
- Strong interest and commitment to developing and delivering leading edge solutions for clients
- Highly driven and committed to achieving solutions with the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to develop impactful written presentations and excellent facilitation skills
- Potential to develop strong client relationships at all levels
- Team player who openly supports, encourages and shares knowledge with colleagues
- Ability to work under limited supervision (self-starter) in unstructured environments
Candidates will need prior experience and knowledge in one or more of the below competencies, obtained with the Financial Services industry
- Understanding of front and Back Office functions and processes
- Operational improvement/transformation experience - an understanding of how change can be enabled through operating model design, technology, process improvement, business requirements definition, applications and technology platforms
- Revenue enhancement/distribution strategy experience, including market assessment, opportunity identification, channel dynamics, business planning
Your responsibilities as a Senior Consultant:
- High quality delivery on a client assignment, usually as part of an on-site project team
- Developing strong relationships with our clients
- Identifying opportunities for new business
- Aiding proposals and bid teams
- Assisting in development of solutions and supporting tools and methods
- Supporting the firm's practice and people development activities (eg recruitment)
- Liaising with service lines, client account teams and functional specialists
Experience in one or more of the following areas is essential:
- Operating Model Design - Target Operating Model, Organisational Design, Functional Architecture, Locational Model, Application Architecture, Sourcing Models, Onshoring/Offshoring, Industry Utility Models
- Process Improvement - Business Process Re-engineering (BPR), Business Process Management (BPM), Workflow, Exception Processing, Process Control Review and Design, Six Sigma, Lean, Process Modelling, Process Metrics
- Business Requirements Definition - Functional Requirements Definition, Use Case Definition, Business Analysis
- Business Case Design - Cost/Benefit Analysis, Numeric Analysis, Scenario Analysis
- Front Office - Trading venues (Exchanges, Multilateral Trading Facility, Dark Pools), Front Office controls
- Operational risk and control frameworks
Larson Resource Group Limited is registered in England & Wales with a company number . Registered office address is Windsor House Cornwall Road Harrogate HG1 2PW. Our VAT number is . Larson Resource Group Limited trades as an Employment Agency when placing permanent candidates and as an Employment Business when placing Contractors (under the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment and Business Regulations 2003) In accordance with these regulations you should have received a copy of our Client Terms of Business. If you have not received a copy please contact a member of staff immediately. All discounted rates quoted are only valid providing all other terms are met in accordance with our standard Client Terms of Business.