Senior Risk and Capital Analyst
My client, a top tier Lloyds of London broker, are currently looking for a Senior Risk and Captial analyst to join their Group central function responsible for facilitating the implementation, delivery and oversight of their Risk Management Framework. The Risk team produces risk reporting for the Executive and Boards/Risk Committees of the Group and its subsidiary legal entities. As a second line function, the Risk team balances its role of supporting the business with its responsibility to provide credible, effective challenge.
Reporting to the Risk Actuary, this role is for a technical candidate looking for a broad role with visibility over multiple legal entities and exposure at C-suite level. The role involves providing credible technical challenge to the actuarial areas of the business; specifically, but not limited to model validation, internal business planning and specific risk reviews.
The key responsibilities of this role:
- Assist the Risk Actuary in performing model validation across the Group.
- Use their analytical and actuarial skill set to provide technical and independent challenge to the business through specific risk reviews.
- Support the Risk Actuary in technical/actuarial areas of the risk management framework such as reviewing capital model output for internal business planning purposes
- Assist with the preparation of papers and documents to be discussed at Risk Committees; where Board level issues are discussed.
- The successful candidate will also support the team in actuarial areas of the Risk management framework such as stress and scenario testing and setting risk appetites.
- Support the production of the ORSA reports across the Group
- Stay abreast of regulatory developments in respect of risk management and validation, and the commensurate requirements and implications to the business.
- Develop their subject matter expertise
- Interaction with the capital modelling team on a regular basis.
The role has direct exposure to the Group Head of Risk and Group Chief Risk Officer on a day-to-day basis.
Enthusiastic, energetic and results-driven, with proactive approach to work load and areas of responsibility.
Highly organised and efficient, with ability to plan and focus.
Pragmatic approach which keeps sight of big picture; over details.
Strong ability to work on several projects at once.
Comfortable adapting to changing priorities within a very fast paced environment.
Able to put forward constructive challenge to senior colleagues in a confident, credible, collaborative and non-contentious manner.
Initiative to explore validation approach and model output; not following or relying on predefined structure/framework blindly.
Able to work independently, recognising the importance of teamwork and escalating issues when required to the Risk Actuary in a timely manner.
Desired technical requirements:
Knowledge of key risk types as applicable to retail/commercial (re)insurance.
Experience dealing with regulatory requirements and related reporting.
Ability to improve and automate Excel-based tasks and processes eg using VBA coding.