Service Delivery Manager (Group Customer Services)
Role: Service Delivery Manager
Salary: GBP44,777 to GBP55,971
Benefits: 12% bonus at target, 28 + 8 days Annual Leave, Pension and Flexible Benefits
A 150 year old company founded on the principles of self-reliance and community, Royal London is the UK's largest mutual pensions, insurance and investment company. Group businesses provide around 9.1 million policies and employ 3,179 people across operations in London, Bath, Edinburgh, Wilmslow, Glasgow and Reading, with Group funds under management of GBP101 billion.
Owned by our members, rather than by shareholders, our financial performance is robust over both the short and long term. Our aim is to become the most trusted and recommended provider of insurance and investment products in the eyes of our customers.
We have an exciting Permanent opportunity for a Service Delivery Manager to join the Group Pensions Servicing Team in Edinburgh.
The purpose of this key role is to lead, develop, engage and inspire teams of people within a divisional business unit within Group Customer Services. This role operates at that critical layer within the business that sits between the necessary operational day to day management of the business unit and at the same time being actively engaged in the wider strategic direction of the business unit and wider business as a whole. The Service Delivery Manager role supports frontline colleagues who service any of our key customer groups and at any point across the full customer life cycle.
There are 3 core components to the role:
- Managing service quality
- Coordinating change and improvement
- Creating the right environment for success
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- To support the Group Customer Services strategy and operational business objectives ensuring Group CS has a clear vision of purpose and it responds to customer feedback to ensure continuous improvement goals are maximised and new proposition developments are supported.
- Provide leadership direction for the department, driving excellence in its people management, and talent development of high performing, engaged customer focussed Customer Servicing Teams, delivering on the 'Leader of Teams' Leadership Framework.
- Embedding the purpose, values and vision for the teams and capability measures linked to purpose, as well as embedding the Spirit of Royal London
- Identify ways we can enhance our customer insight to ensure our customer service is a consistently positive experience.
- Delivery of market leading customer service excellence standards, as defined by customer satisfaction and value for money, embracing the RL Group statement of intent regarding Treating Customers Fairly.
- Work with the Group Customer Service Managers and other areas of the business to drive forward business plans based on customer needs and brand requirements.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Proven track record of managing a team of Managers, and by extension a large wider department
- A motivational leader with a demonstrable track record of initiating and embedding change successfully
- Excellent communicator who can create partnership relationships with all business functions
- Excellent understanding of customers, what matters to them and how we communicate to meet their needs
- Proven experience in managing change and a changing environment (processes, procedures, technologies and business systems etc.) within a team management context/environment
- Proven capabilities in continuous improvement
- A broad knowledge of the financial services industry and the legislative/regulatory framework
- Commercially astute with the ability to understand and be innovative in their approach to managing budgets, risk and caution
- Pro-active, personal drive and enthusiastic
- Strong planning, organisation and administration skills
- Proven relationship building and influencing skills demonstrated through stakeholder management
- Proven ability to manage in dynamic, high-growth, high-uncertainty environments
For any further queries regarding the role, please contact Graeme Tainsh or (see below)