Lead Solution Architect - Risk, Audit and Financial Controls
Job title: Lead Solution Architect - Risk, Audit and Financial Controls (SOX)
Salary: GBP60,000 - GBP65,000 + Excellent Benefits
I have an exciting and challenging opportunity for an experienced Lead Solution Architect for my key client based in Warwick. My client is a household name and FTSE top 20 business with an excellent reputation as employer of choice within the area. Due to a number of high profile new projects and programmes and a substantial investment back into the business they are now looking to expand their solutions architecture practice and recruit a Lead Solutions Architect.
The successful candidate will take a lead role in the development of solution architectures ensuring consistency, quality and appropriate standards are adhered to. The successful candidate will engage with senior key business stakeholders up to board level to understand the business need and requirements whilst looking to offer a strong commercial proposition to the business. You will directly line manage both internal and 3rd party resource to delivery end to end architectural solutions that meet the business demand. Working with the corporate area of the business you will be designing solutions that focus on Risk, Audit and Financial Controls (SOX) and will be working closely with key business stakeholders within finance, tax and treasury.
The ideal candidate will have a strong technical solutions architecture background and will have a thorough understanding of the solutions design and development life cycle. This role would ideally be suited to someone who has come through the hands on technical route but has progressed into a more business facing and business engagement focussed role.
- Leads development of solution architectures, ensuring consistency with specified requirements agreed with both external and internal customers. Takes full responsibility for ensuring that solution architectures balance functional, service quality and systems management requirements. Ensures that appropriate standards are adhered to.
- Within a business change programme, manages the programme's target design, policies and standards, working proactively to achieve a stable and viable design.
- Effectively manages key stakeholder relationships both collaboratively within the architectural community of Enterprise & Solution Architects, the wider IT capabilities of solution design/delivery (including external vendors) and influential with the senior business leadership teams.
- Actively contributes to Architectural working groups with EA and Business Development teams developing key business IT strategy with strong industry and commercial focus.
- Co-ordinates design governance within a portfolio, Charing governance architectural boards and acting as custodian of architecture plans across the wider businesses.
- Takes responsibility for the technical integrity of projects, ensuring that common technical elements are recognised and that work is not unnecessarily duplicated.
- Assists in the development of service level agreements and any associated service guarantees. Advises on appropriate quality standards and quality control processes. Attends quality reviews as appropriate.
- Develops new techniques for use in solution architecture. Promotes the solution architecture discipline within the wider IT community.
- Takes an active role in the development of other staff through mentoring of more junior SA resources.
Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience of working within a similar Lead Solutions Architecture position
- Experience of designing solutions with a focus towards Risk, Finance, Audit, Compliance and SOX
- Knowledge of new and emerging technologies and industry best practice for architecture within programmes of work
- Knowledge of Integration Architectures, Data Architecture, Overall Solution Architecture and Process/Business Architecture
- Demonstrable track record in delivery of solution architecture for programmes of work
- Breadth of knowledge in ensuring that relevant capabilities (eg telecoms, systems of record, analytics) are brought together to support overall programme architecture
- Experience of Legacy estate rationalisation
- Stakeholder management and influencing skills covering colleagues, partners/vendors and project sponsors.
- To have recognized expertise in one or more of the following TOGAF architectural domains: Business, Application, Data, Technology
- Relevant experience of the full Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) from EA to implementation including alternatives to waterfall delivery such as agile or prototyping
- Awareness of use and value of design and architecture tools
- Experience with RSA Archer (desirable)
For more information and to be considered for this role please email a copy of your CV to (see below) in the first instance.