SOX Financial Analyst
Robert Half are working with a global retail giant to recruit a SOX Financial Analyst.
This role is pivotal to the financial control, processes and governance within the UK business of this global giant.
The purpose of this role is primarily to support the SOX Programme Manager with the Financial Controls programme to:
- Continue to strengthen the control environment
- Work with Process Owners to maintain documentation of processes and controls.
- Continue to identify gaps and weaknesses in current processes and controls.
- Work with Process Owners to remediate significant gaps and weaknesses.
- Perform periodic testing to test operating effectiveness of controls, report on results and recommend improvement and remediation where necessary.
- Promote a strong control environment in the UK and drive change
- Support the SOX programme Manager in the maintenance and continual improvement of a strong internal control framework from Board level downwards. This would include the maintenance of processes and controls documentation, performance of periodic testing, maintenance of the remediation log, support in remediation where necessary.
- Support the roll out of the financial controls programmes to other Business as directed by Finance Management and Financial Accounting Department
- Support implementation and periodic delivery of the S302, S404 and S906 local Division and Group
- Ad-hoc duties and project work as directed by Finance Management and Financial Accounting Department
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA/ACA or International equivalent).
- Knowledge of current IFRS/UK GAAP/US GAAP.
- Ability to deliver high quality output to tight deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to influence, educate and lead the business into a stronger control culture.
- Planning and organisation skills.
- Experience of working within a global organisation.
- Experience of working within a SOX environment desirable.
Salary & Benefits
GBP45k to GBP60k + Benefits.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.