Senior Associate - IT Service Desk - Exchange AD Etc
ABOUT THE ROLE The role will be based in Central London, reporting directly to the Manager, IT Infrastructure.
The role will include the following duties:
- Responds to the more complex problems escalated by the service desk staff pertaining to all application hardware and software products supported by the data processing area.
- Provides technical guidance and consults with vendors and other systems support units to identify and resolve complex client problems.
- Alerts clients and team members when a major problem is suspected. Performs recovery testing to confirm availability of systems where outages have occurred.
- Documents and tracks status of client inquiries, coordinates appropriate response and follows up to ensure client satisfaction.
- Participates in the analysis of client identified issues or problems which may require changes to department procedures, standards or systems.
- Evaluates effectiveness of new utilities and tools.
- Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
- Understands standard operating procedures and processes and can apply them as solutions to common problems.
- May receive instruction, guidance and direction from others.
- Strong academic background: Degree level or equivalent
- 2-3 years' work experience within an IT role
- Strong communicator, verbal and written skills
- A strong team player who is inquisitive, self-motivated and able to multi-task
- Bright, enthusiastic and willing
- Comfortable dealing with all levels of management and colleagues in different functions and regions
- Strong attention to detail, able to set priorities and complete simultaneous projects
- Able to meet tight deadlines whilst maintaining a high quality of work
- Microsoft office packages
- Service desk exchange Active Directory