Legal Recruitment Advisor - London
Legal Recruitment Advisor
Working within a law firm, the Recruitment Advisor will work alongside the HR team and wider business to recruit the best talent. The ideal candidate needs to have come from a professional services background.
It is important that the Advisor is involved in all aspects of the recruitment function, to ensure synergy and best practice across the board. The Recruitment Advisor reports into the Resourcing Manager and manages the two Recruitment Assistants.
- Liaising with recruitment agencies regarding active roles: uploading job descriptions and releasing roles to agencies via cvMail; briefing agencies on roles with HR Generalists; updating workflow stages on cvMail; ensuring all completed recruitment processes are 'finalised' on cvMail, and that the correct hiring data is inputted in to the system; discussing our recruitment process and expectations with agencies;
- During graduate recruitment season, assist with screening applications; reviewing video interviews; the running of assessment days and wash-ups; facilitating elements of the vacation scheme programme; attendance at law fairs;
- Work with assistants to ensure the smooth running of the volume recruitment of graduates, ensuring best practice is observed;
- Responding to speculative agency approaches with named CVs, using email response template;
- Arranging interviews and booking meeting rooms;
- Conducting telephone and face to face interviews;
- Arranging agency briefings with HR Generalists and hiring managers;
- Liaising with the HR Generalist team to ensure the Vacancies Page is up to date, including uploading new roles and closing filled roles;
- Agreeing terms with agencies via cvMail;
- Manage relationships with recruitment agencies and resolve any agency related disputes;
- Logging CVs of internal referrals on cvMail;
- Monitor the Firm's recruitment inbox, with support of the Recruitment Assistants (including responding to emails and distributing emails to the relevant members of the team);
- Sending out the Recruitment Update spreadsheet to the team on a weekly basis, ensuring all relevant fields are completed;
- Produce regular recruitment reports for HR Managers and the HR Director;
- Make recommendations and implement improvements in relation to recruitment best practice;
- Encourage and ensure recruitment best practice across the HR team and the firm;
- Work with the HR Systems Analyst to continuously monitor and improve how we capture recruitment related data on the firm's HR systems;
- Day to day management and coaching of the Recruitment Assistants;
- Take responsibility for own continuous professional development, ensuring up to date knowledge of HR best practice.
- Must have experience working in a law firm or professional services environment applications will not be considered without this background.
- Ideally 4+ years of experience in HR/recruitment
- Experience working with recruitment agencies is essential
- Interviewing skills
- Ability to manage projects and initiatives with minimal guidance
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Personable and confident, able to build relationships with partners/key stakeholders