Product Tax Advisor Fund Management ACA or CTA Asset Management Invest
Product Tax Advisor Fund Management ACA or CTA Asset Management Investment Management
My client is one the worlds leading and most recognised asset managers. An opportunity has arisen for a Tax Advisor to join on an initial 7 month contract with the strong possibility of extension or permanent work thereafter.
Providing tax support to the Retail and Cash business across EMEA, the Investment Trust business within the UK and the Cayman Hedge Funds that are supported by EMEA.
Reporting line: The jobholder will report to the Head of Mainstream Funds within EMEA, who in turn reports to the Head of Product Tax EMEA, who in turn reports to the Global Head of Product Tax and thence to the Global Head of Tax who is based in New York.
- Responsibility for new product launch tax work and ongoing tax oversight for the following fund ranges;
- Luxembourg SICAVs
- Irish Funds incl. Institutional Cash Funds
- Investment Trusts
- UK AUTs
- Cayman Hedge Funds
- Providing Real Time advice to stakeholders within the above business lines and wider teams.
- Achieve an appropriate balance between assisting investors' understanding of the relevant tax issues, and providing tax advice that should more properly be provided by an investor's own tax advisers and foster that balance in the business teams.
- Support product development teams in evaluating and developing new products with insightful and practical tax input.
- Provide technical content for tax related client publications, newsletters, factsheets, prospectuses and similar.
- Provide tax updates to any relevant business teams and wider groups such as Fund Boards
- Recognise enquiries and issues that relate to corporate tax or VAT, and route these promptly to the appropriate team members.
- Opportunity to work on ad hoc projects as they arise relevant to the business lines supported.
- There is scope to consider/manage the wider tax risks around managing these products within the context of the business lines and operational teams that are impacted eg are the right controls in place; is more automation possible etc.
- ACA, CTA or equivalent professional qualification
- Strong experience within fund management tax
- Detailed understanding of European pooled fund structures used within mainstream funds
- An understanding of European investor tax reporting regimes and withholding and tax treaty issues affecting European funds
- An understanding of UK Corporate Tax