Corporate Tax Manager
Robert Half Taxation are hiring for a Senior Corporate Tax Manager for a FTSE listed business based near to Bedford. This is a newly-created, permanent, full-time position.
Reporting into the Head of Tax, the Corporate Tax Manager will fulfil a varied direct tax position encompassing UK corporate tax compliance, UK corporate tax advisory and planning, transactional tax advice, Transfer Pricing and tax process and systems improvement.
The role is earmarked to succeed the current Head of Tax so the person taking this role will need to assume Head of Tax duties from day one on an ad-hoc basis.
- Direct management of 1-2 assistant tax managers
- Work closely with the Head of Tax to gain efficiencies and drive best performance throughout the department
- Deliver a full range of tax services in compliance with regulation in relation to Corporation tax
- Build relationships and interact with key internal and external stakeholders to provide excellent planning and consulting services
- Review corporation tax packs prepared by assistant tax manager for sign of and submission to HMRC
- Identify and mitigate tax risks and actively contribute to SAO return procedures
- Identify and drive opportunities for process improvements
- Manage tax provision and tax compliance process
- Responsible for year-end tax reporting, tax papers and to advice on tax notes for inclusion in statutory accounts
- Responsibility for worldwide debt cap calculations; Preparation of Joint Amended Returns, Payment on Account calculation
- Review and update Transfer Pricing documentation, and support in year-end Transfer Pricing calculation
- Process R&D tax credit claims
- Ad-hoc tax planning as required
As such, this is an excellent opportunity for an experience corporate tax professional to join one of the UK's leading tax teams in varied, senior-level role.
The company is looking to hire a qualified accountant ( ACA / ACCA / ICAS ) or tax adviser (CTA). This experience could have been gained from working at a medium-to-large size practice or from working in a corporate tax position in industry.
Previous managerial experience is required as well as strong technical corporate tax knowledge.
The client is a leading FTSE-listed business in Bedfordshire who are well-known in the UK and who have a highly-reputed tax function
Salary & Benefits
Salary is likely to be in the region of GBP65,000 to GBP75,000 plus benefits package including GBP5,000 car allowance.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.