Financial Accountant - (ACA/ACCA Qualified)
This is a six month fixed term contract opportunity to join a dynamic team that provides a Financial Accounting and external reporting service for 40+ global entities across the business. The role reports into the Financial Controller - Financial Accounting and will work alongside other qualified accountants to deliver a global inter-company and financial accounting service. The team is also responsible for ensuring finance policy/procedures compliance and maintaining a robust financial control environment, under the leadership of the Finance Governance Manager.
- Preparing the annual financial statements and providing financial information into external providers of tax and accountancy services where applicable.
- The focus will be International statutory accounts.
- Preparing audit files and managing the external audit process, ensuring audits are completed effectively in line with filing deadlines.
- Effective review and analysis of financials, including input into the monthly balance sheet reconciliation process and associated reconciling items clearance.
- Providing a financial accounting service to various Finance leadership levels across the organisation and Group.
- Assisting in carrying out the various intercompany processes and ensuring compliance with the Group's transfer pricing policy.
- Provide support and technical advice on various accounting treatments as required.
- Liaising with and influencing our Finance Shared Services provider and other Finance or Head Office teams with the aim of ensuring high standards of accounting are achieved and maintained.
- Provide support into the Financial Governance Manager, assisting with financial governance, internal and external audit activities.
- Driving improvements in finance processes and financial controls.
- Other ad-hoc financial accounting or governance activities, as and when required, to support the team.
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA).
- Technically confident with practical experience of applying IFRS's.
- Experience of both internal and external audit processes.
- Experience of dealing with multi-currency consolidations.
- Experience of dealing with multiple stakeholders and the ability to challenge senior staff where appropriate.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively at all levels in the organisation.
- Very good attention to detail.
- Confident and keen to take on responsibility.
- Problem solver with a methodical approach.
- Flexibility in order to cope with the requirements of a fast-growing and dynamic organisation.
- International Financial Accounting experience.
- Experience of using SAP.
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you GBP300!
You will be required to hold a minimum of BPSS security clearance. If you do not hold an active BPSS clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2017.