* Provide paralegal support and general contractual commercial advice to the trading teams and support functions.
* Creating sale contracts and reviewing incoming purchase contracts in a timely manner.
a) Confirming all derivative trades from counter-parties and brokers leveraging electronic confirmation capabilities where possible issuing paper documentation as necessary.
* Prompt resolution of any deal entry discrepancies.
* Ensure that traders are fully aware of the commercial and financial risk associated with their business and ensure all contracts and agreements are robustly drafted, fit for purpose and serve to best protect the company's assets.
* Review all tenders prior to bid submission ensuring traders are fully aware of the terms the company would be contracted to in the event of a successful bid.
* Review third party general terms and conditions and recommend amendments.
* Assist and advise the trading teams in negotiating more complex, bespoke contractual arrangements.
* Resolve contractual disputes with counter-parties, liaising with Legal Affairs as necessary.
* Understand the compliance issues/critical controls affecting relevant trades and reporting potential problems.
* Taking responsibility for controlling all relevant paperwork relating to trades which fall within given remit, including ensuring compliance by traders within Trading DoA limits and with all control requirements relating to deal entry and authorisation of trade documentation.
* Oversee development, mentoring and training of team members ensuring the team is equipped with a consistently high level of expertise across all areas of the business.
* Encourage a culture of continuous improvement to increase efficiency and effectiveness of processes and controls.
* Manage group workload distributing workload amongst the team effectively ensuring maximum productivity.
* Ensure workload is processed in an efficient and timely manner.
* Ensure the Contracts function operates in best in class capacity which exceeds accepted best industry practice and is consistent with all internal and external audit requirements.
* Contribute to the Risk Management Department in a managerial capacity identifying process gaps, improvements, enhancements and synergies across all functions.
* Provide contractual support and oversight for all commercial activity.
* Provide focal point (within and cross departmental) for all internal and external audit related matters.