GBP22,000 - GBP26,000 DOE + Benefits
Launched in 1997 Towergate is the UK's largest independently owned insurance intermediary, generating GBP3 billion of pro forma gross written premiums across its companies and employing c. 4,400 people across 100 UK offices.
Towergate is an important distribution channel for a significant range of insurance products and a key strategic partner for the UK's largest insurers. Towergate's scale, customer insight and distribution relationships make it a unique business and a leader in the markets in which it operates. Its combination of distribution and underwriting gives it unparalleled consumer data and market insight.
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Underwriter to join our team in Colchester, you will ideally have underwriting experience, in personal lines or commercial insurance, most classes will be considered, the ability to work independently and good trading experience, in exchange we can offer a competitive salary, career progression and a vibrant working environment
- To contribute to the achievement of business objectives through the delivery of an efficient underwriting service to brokers and management of accounts.
- Deal with new business enquiries, renewals and mid-term adjustments within authority.
- Ensure that service standards are achieved.
- Work collaboratively with other parts of the organisation, when required.
- Comply with Binder, procedures and underwriting authority levels.
- Contribute towards business Net Written Premium (NWP) objectives whilst working towards the businesses annual Target Loss Ratios.
- To undertake training in line with agreed objectives and keep up-to-date with technical, legal and market developments via use of E-learning, internal training and reading market related material.
- To maintain and develop personal knowledge and skills through continued professional development as well as on-going at desk training and ensuring that this is recorded in line with Training & Competency requirements.
- To conduct the business of the Company at all times in a courteous and efficient manner.
- Previous underwriting experience (Personal lines or Commercial)
- Strong trading skills
- Attention to detail
- String communication skills
- Strong computer skills
All applicants should provide a full up to date CV