- Want to be offered great career development within one of the UK's leading E-commerce companies within a start-up environment?
- Want recognition, progression & enjoyment from your job?
- Want to immerse yourself in a tech environment & be part of the bigger picture?
DevOps Engineer required for a leading E-commerce company in Milton Keynes. As their digital team and fierce growth plans show no sign of slowing down, they are now looking for a DevOps Engineer to join their digital hub in Milton Keynes.
Location: Milton Keynes
Salary: GBP40,000-GBP56,500 + benefits
Skills and Experience:
- Jira management and administration
- Competence and familiarity with Unix/Linux environments
- Understanding of web architectures and protocols (HTTP, SFTP, SSH, etc)
- Understanding and competency in application performance monitoring
- Familiarity in at least one dynamic language (python, Perl, ruby, etc)
- Are a strong and clear communicator to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Make informed decisions and know when to ask for advice or escalate
- Love to make things work and get things done.
- Love to leave things better than you found them.
- Look to automate anything you've done more than twice.
- Can't go to sleep if the system going to prod is not graphed and trended
- Love to learn new things and can do so quickly.
- You don't just use the code, you contribute
- Know the pros and cons of all the technology trends in your field.
- Take care of our service desk; manage and coordinate technical issues within our state-of-the art command centre
- Help to manage our software delivery tooling (JIRA, Jenkins, code review tools, etc)
- Help us to measure everything, specifically addressing detection time, response time and any feedback delays.
- Improve our continuous delivery goal by getting changes rolled out faster and with confidence. Help to automate every error prone process.
- Help Development teams get their systems properly monitored and integrated to alerting systems.
- Tune our systems to get maximum performance and bang for our buck.
- Help to grow our DevOps practice by bridging Development, Ops and QA teams through great communication and collaboration