Geo-environmental Engineer - Birmingham
Salary: GBP27,000 - GBP34,000 per annum
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a geoenvironmental Engineer to come and join a dynamic environmental consultancy who is market leaders in the design and implementation of ground and water remediation solutions for land restoration. They currently have a opportunity for an experienced Geo-environmental Engineer to come and join the team. As an organisation they have a varied portfolio of work, including infrastructure, commercial and residential projects.
You will have previous experience in a similar role within consultancy or a contracting environment and a strong academic background with a Diploma or degree in Civil Engineering or Geotechnical or Geo-environmental Engineering or similar.
Key experiences required:
- Have an awareness or preferably working knowledge of in-situ testing, monitoring and soil sampling processes (BS5930, BS1377, BS1924, BS10175)
- Previous experience working within the Geotechnical/Geo-Environmental sector.
- 2 years' relevant industry experience to ensure core knowledge required
- Experience with engineering co-ordination with Project Manager and Site Manager and liaison with the office technical team
- Brownfield regeneration earthworks
- Site data management e.g. site testing data assessment/compilation, soil materials management/movement tracking paperwork
- Earthworks/Remediation specifications, Remediation Method Statements/Implementation plans
- Liaison with sub-contractors - site investigations/geotechnical on site testing and site surveyors.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an international consultancy that is dynamic in in its approach to technical issues and appreciates the importance of their staff.