Deputy Director – Transformation Portfolio Management
In providing pro-active support to the Transformation Portfolio Director you will lead the cross HMRC Transformation Portfolio Office. You will be responsible for ensuring that the totality of the transformational change is well planned and managed and provide the portfolio management support across all the programmes and projects.
This is an opportunity for an experienced change manager to play a vital role right at the centre of HMRC’s transformation. It also offers the opportunity to share best practice, expertise and lessons learned across HMRC and wider government to ensure successful delivery.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring change activities plans, risks, issues and dependencies are fully co-ordinated across the Portfolio to enable the programmes and platforms to implement sustainable change;
- Leading collaborative engagement across HMRC and with Programme Directors to ensure effective, value for money and coherent management of the Portfolio through business planning and prioritisation;
- Representing the SRO and Portfolio Director, including deputising for them, chairing portfolio level boards where appropriate and engaging with high profile stakeholders;
- Putting in place commensurate governance arrangements for the overall Portfolio: championing appropriate standards and recognised good practice in programme and project management and ensuring the programme learns from the experience of others;
- Leading and managing the Portfolio Office on a day to day basis and building a high performing team;
- Ensuring that the Department has sufficient people capacity and capability to deliver on its transformational agenda and supporting the Head of the PPM profession in the delivery of his plans;
- Leading the production of the portfolio level reporting and analysis function, providing expert advice and supporting effective decision making on the key issues at ExCom and Transformation Board;
- Building an efficient and effective Portfolio Management Office to support delivery of projects and programmes and the cultural and behavioural change required for success;
- Designing and implementing robust reporting processes to support decision making by ExCom (Transformation) and the Transformation Board;
- Building and developing the Transformation Workforce Plan and delivering the capabilities required by that plan;
- Designing and implementing an appropriate and commensurate Integrated Assurance Plan and portfolio level governance; and
- Driving forward the new Transformation Portfolio Management Organisation design and embedding new ways of working.
You will have line management responsibility for a team of four and
a wider team of c 60 people based in offices in Birmingham,
London and Newcastle-upon-Tyne.