Ministry of Justice - Change Director
As Change Director, you will create the conditions for the successful delivery of the huge change programme of work in Ministry of Justice (MoJ) to support the delivery of Departmental objectives. You will need to ensure the delivery of the right changes at the right time, whilst delivering them well.
The Change Director reports to the Chief Financial Officer. Your key responsibilities will be to:
• Act as Head of Profession for the Project Delivery function. As the Department moves to a Functional Leadership operating model, the role will be critical in bringing together project delivery professionals from across the Department under your professional leadership, and ensuring resource allocation according to Departmental and Ministerial priorities;
• As Head of Profession, develop project delivery capability throughout the Department so that MoJ has the skills and experience required to execute change well;
• Lead and direct the work of the Change Team, ensuring there are strategies, plans and resources in place to deliver Departmental objectives, and that outcomes are delivered to time, cost and quality expectations;
• Develop strong relationships with Change Team stakeholders and delivery partners throughout MoJ and more widely across Government;
• Develop the Change Team so that it is an effective, efficient and valued central function that brings out the best in people;
• Lead the Departmental risk function and improve MoJ’s governance, risk and assurance frameworks so that decisions are based on effective risk management, proportionate assurance and robust data and evidence; and
• Improve MoJ’s planning and performance management, ensuring a clear view of deliverables and milestones and mapping delivery progress.
You will sit on the project boards of some high profile projects including prison and court reform, probation services and digital transformation so strong stakeholder engagement, the ability to build effective relationships whilst working closely with the Infrastructure and Projects Authority https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/infrastructure-and-projects-authority and across Whitehall will all be key to your success in this role
You will manage six direct reports and have overall responsibility for a team of forty.