Ministry of Justice - Finance Director
As Finance Director, Operations Group, you will be a first class finance business partner in a complex and fast changing environment.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer your key responsibilities will include:
· Ensuring high standards of financial reporting, planning, control and strategy to support the Ministry’s Chief Operating Officer (COO) and the Accounting Officers that work within the COO’s Operations Group, fulfil their responsibilities;
· Leading, inspiring and shaping your teams to deliver excellence, including by driving staff engagement and promoting diversity and inclusion;
· Providing a data-led and insight driven business partnering function to support the COO’s Corporate Service Directors deliver priority outcomes;
· Providing a comprehensive financial service to the Group’s executive agencies to support their Accounting Officers to discharge their responsibilities to Parliament;
· Being the Finance Director for the Legal Aid Agency (LAA), leading its Assurance and Planning, Performance and Change functions and supporting the Chief Executive in the wider leadership of the Agency, building on the LAA’s exceptional record of staff engagement while driving innovation to continue the Agency’s successful digital transformation;
· Supporting the delivery of the Operations Group’s wide-ranging change portfolio, including the pan-MoJ transformation programme;
· Providing leadership to the Office of the Accountant General, which has oversight of the Court Funds Office which provides custodianship of funds paid into court. Current funds under management total around £2.4bn; and
· Taking an active role in the leadership of the finance profession in the Ministry and across Whitehall. For example you will be accountable to the Chief Finance Officer for implementing a revised operating model for the finance function as part of a broader drive towards functional leadership.