Head of Commercial
Head of Commercial Operations
Salary - up to GBP70,000 plus bonus
Every experience matters
ahs is a large University department with responsibility for student accommodation, maximising income through selling bedrooms and facilities during student vacations, Security, Hospitality and the management of several buildings, including the University's arts and management building, The Edge, and the Virgil Building in the city which includes a student hub/cafe.
As a department we have over 350 team members that work hard to deliver an excellent customer experience across 11 food and drink outlets, 4500 student rooms on and off campus, the arts building and the recently opened University building in the city. We will have another 293 student rooms opening on campus in 2018.
The Role of Head of Commercial Operations will be responsible for strategic direction, support implementation and business planning for accommodation, hospitality and events business streams including catering and bars, sales, events and conferences and process improvement. The role is responsible for increasing profitability and growing revenue across all areas, whilst also ensuring the department delivers excellent customer service and engagement.
The Head of Commercial Operations will:
• Drive exceptional standards of service excellence, be fully accountable for service quality and facilitate an increase in overall consumer engagement
• To act as the ahs strategic expert for sales and catering services to shape future business strategy
• Make strategic recommendations on the viability of new income streams and identify commercial opportunities to grow revenue
• Provide inspirational leadership to a large committed team
• Be a full and active member of the ahs leadership team
• Manage effectively our resources and deliver on our financial plans
• The University of Bath received its Royal Charter in 1966 and is now firmly established as a top ten UK university with a reputation for research and teaching excellence.
• Our campus, overlooking the beautiful UNESCO World Heritage City of Bath, has a vibrant research culture driven by the enthusiasm and invention of our academic community.
• Students are attracted by our excellent academic reputation, our outstanding graduate employment record, our world-class sports facilities, and the wide array of other social, recreational and personal development opportunities we offer.
• Our mission is to deliver world-class research and teaching, educating our students to become future leaders and innovators, and benefiting the wider population through our research, enterprise and influence.
• Our campus is located on Claverton Down, which sits on the south-east hilltop edge of the city of Bath. The campus is designed around a central pedestrian thoroughfare, known as the Parade. We offer excellent facilities for teaching, accommodation and leisure on campus and we are continually improving current spaces and investing in new buildings. For several years we have received recognition for the outstanding beauty of our campus grounds with awards from Bath in Bloom.
For further information on the application process, to learn more about the post, to receive an Candidate Information Pack or to arrange an informal discussion please contact our retained search consultant Laurence Wolahan of Hays Executive on in the first instance.
Closing date for applications: 22nd April 2017
Preliminary interviews: 28th April and 2nd May
University interviews TBC
Note: The above dates are subject to change