Robert Half are exclusively assisting an engineering company based in Romford with the hire of their new Financial Controller.
Based in the group headquarters, the company is a fast growing SME in operation for the past 10 years and currently turning over GBP100 million.
This role will be responsible for:
- Supervising and controlling Romford office general accounting function, including general ledger, payroll, credit control, VAT & compliance
- Directly reporting to Group Finance Director, managing the accounting staff of 9
- Responsible for financial statements and reports preparation on a regular and special request basis
- Planning, managing, coordinating, and implementing the year end closing processes and procedures for the assigned accounting records; providing information to financial external and tax auditors; conducting standard internal audits of various accounting records
- Sponsoring and supervising process improvements of the finance function
You should be an ACA/ ACCA qualified accountant with a good foundation from any sized accountancy practice. In addition suitably qualified accountants should posses:
- Strong detail around audit and audit process
- Good team management experience
- Very diligent around the compliance processes
- Process improvement
- Ownership of the monthly accounting processes
- Experience in a senior management role
- Candidates from a similar industry would be ideal however, experience in practice only would also be suitable
My client is a fast growing, highly acquisitive engineering & construction firm with a long history in East London & Essex the company is now going through such a period of growth that this is a newly created role On offer is a base salary of GBP60,000- GBP70,000 +healthcare + pension + 25 days holidays+ a great work enviroment
You will finish daily at 5pm and will be expected to take your full hour lunch break.
This is a great environment for work- life balance,
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.