- To deliver high quality and effective practical and theory training sessions on fulltime courses and commercial courses.
- To work with the Operations manager to write curriculum for your course area this will include practical and theory delivery materials SOW and lesson plans.
- To work with the Operations manager to plan practical workshop training and assessment tasks.
- To work with the Specialist Practitioner and Resource Assistant in developing the workshop resources and test display pieces.
- To maintain a high standard of Health & safety at all times and lead by example during practical workshop demonstrations and training.
- Be willing to teach on a range of evening courses if desired.
1. During 37 hours per week of managed time to deliver both practical and theoretical training sessions to a range of customers and clients.
2. To be fully conversant with course regulations and specifications for the defined area thus ensuring conformity and best practice.
3. To devise a range of effective training materials, including on line materials
4. To undertake assessment
5. To provide effective feedback to clients
6. To undertake evaluation to drive improvement
7. To write training courses and specifications as required
8. To assist in the directed development and delivery of related programs.
9. To liaise with other staff to ensure a high standard of learning.
10. To assist with securing quality improvement within the Curriculum area
11. To assist with monitoring student enrolment, success rates and take remedial action where necessary, this will include final assessments where necessary.
12. To use effectively the systems used in College (electronic or otherwise) to ensure student success, i.e. e-registers, Moodle, internal verification etc. (This list is not exhaustive).
13. To attend recruitment activities such as interviews, Open Days and exhibitions, which may include weekend or overnight stays.
14. To maintain an awareness of Health and Safety at all times and ensure that students are aware of safe practices and procedures.
15. To maintain professional knowledge up to date through attending staff development, industry seminars, appropriate reading, and other activities.
16. To drive the college mini-bus between the school's remote sites.
Standard Responsibilities for all positions in B&FC:
- To fully adhere to all college policies and procedures.
- Take appropriate responsibility to ensure the health and safety of self and others.
- Pursue the achievement and integration of equality and diversity throughout all College activities.
- Blackpool and The Fylde College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff to share this commitment.
- To show commitment to the College and its internal and external customers.
- To work co-operatively with colleagues at all times.
- Undertake any other tasks and responsibilities appropriate to the level of this post.
This job description is current at the date shown and may be amended after consultation and agreement between management and the post holder.