Hourly Paid Trainer/Assessor in Dental Nursing
JOB TITLE: Hourly paid Trainer/Assessor in Dental Nursing
REGULATED ACTIVITY: Yes
RESPONSIBLE TO: Head of Health & Social Care
LINE MANAGEMENT OF OTHER STAFF: No
LOCATION: Colchester (travel to other Colchester Institute campuses and workplace establishments).
HOURLY RATE: GBP13.72 per hour
To train and assess apprentices in both the College and the workplace and to liaise effectively with employers in the promotion of Dental Nursing apprenticeships.
1. To assess candidates towards their agreed qualifications.
2. To deliver training, assess and monitor quality for the L3 Diploma in Dental Nursing taught and clinical elements of the qualification framework.
3. To monitor candidate progress including carrying out regular progression reviews and target setting.
4. To keep and maintain accurate records and documentation.
5. To attend regular programme meetings, briefing sessions and Standardisation meetings in line with curriculum policies.
6. To complete appropriate awarding body documentation and ensure compliance of required procedures.
7. To competently and professionally liaise with employers and customers to assist in meeting learner number targets.
8. To maintain the highest quality in-line with Organisational and Awarding Body requirements
9. To assist in the promotion and marketing of programmes within the care environment and the Faculty of Creative Arts, Health and Education.
10. To apply the College's Health and Safety Policy.
11. To promote and apply the College's Safeguarding policy and practices.
12. To actively promote equality and diversity.
13. To undertake such other duties as may be required by or on behalf of the Colchester Institute provided that they are consistent with the nature of the post.
Please note: An Assessor Award is an essential requirement for this role.
This job description is a guide to the duties the postholder will be expected to undertake. It is not intended to be exhaustive or exclusive and will be subject to change as working requirements dictate and to meet the organisational requirements of Colchester Institute.
Closing date 25 April 2017