Salary £21-27K depending on skills and experience
We're looking for a fast, innovative content creator to translate the Mumsnet voice into brilliant native content.
Who we are
Mumsnet is the UK’s biggest website for parents, and our purpose is to make their lives easier. As well as being indispensably useful for parents, we want to be a great place to work: we want to hire - and retain - the best people around, so we try to be flexible wherever possible.
We need a content creator with a track record of producing standout copy to join our new content solutions team. You'll be putting together irresistible pitches for native content campaigns which will wow our clients, and - once they've been commissioned - bringing them to life in the form of useful, shareable content which will make our users' lives easier.
The person we're looking for will already be working on an editorial team in a fast-paced digital environment, and will be a super-organised self-starter who relishes the opportunity to take on additional responsibilities. You'll be brimming with ideas to find new ways of working with brands to create seamless sponsored content, and a stylish writer with a keen ear for nuance and voice. The team is small (for now) so you'll also be happy to take on some editorial admin tasks - and you'll understand that client deadlines won't wait. You'll want anything you work on to shine, so you'll be rigorous about measuring and optimising everything you do.
What you will do
- generate compelling editorial ideas for commercial briefs and pitches which bring our clients' goals to life, on Mumsnet and beyond;
- write copy which effortlessly echoes Mumsnet's editorial voice;
- quickly build and edit SEO-optimised pages on our dedicated CMS;
- put together email newsletters and optimise them;
- create shareable graphics for various platforms;
- use analytics to understand what our users want;
- report on the success of campaigns across the site and social media.
Why work for us?
We have a high-performance, collaborative and agile work environment; we put purpose before profits, we’re committed to diversity and equality, and our computers - metaphorically speaking - say 'YES'.
We’re based in sunny Kentish Town, where we host sandwich lunches, staff parties and knowledge sessions in our spacious offices; we have a football team and our own yoga studio (though we're more than tolerant of the Lycra-averse). Working for Mumsnet means never having to pretend you don’t have a family (or other commitments) - we promise never to keep you away from the school sports day. We try hard to be flexible whenever we can, so this could be a great role for someone who's returning after a career break.
What you must have
- knowledge of at least one CMS;
- competence with Google analytics;
- a broad understanding of SEO;
- image-editing skills;
- experience with social media in a work context.
It’d be nice if you had
- previous experience with newsletters;
- previous experience working with sponsored, branded or native content.
If all of this sounds good to you, please apply with the following in one document:
- Your CV;
- A covering letter that demonstrates some of the qualities we’re looking for;
- Links to at least two pieces of writing that you’re proud of.
Deadline for applications is: Friday 12th May 2017. We’ll be calling the best candidates for interview as soon as we spot them so don’t delay in applying!
Apply for Content Creator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly