Lecturer in Theatre
Lecturer in Theatre
Hours of work: 22.2 hours per week
Salary: GBP24,271- GBP25,733 pro rata per annum (Unqualified*)
GBP26,502- GBP30,715 pro rata per annum (With progression when fully qualified*)
(actual salary range for 22.2 hours per week GBP14,562 - GBP18,429)
Location: Wakefield City Campus
We are looking for an enthusiastic and inspiring Lecturer with a track record of success to teach Theatre from Levels 3-5. You will coordinate the Higher National Diploma in Performing Arts Theatre and contribute to the development and organisation of the curriculum as a member of the Arts team.
As a Lecturer in Theatre, you should:
- Have a Postgraduate qualification at L7 or above (or achievement within 3 years)
- Have a Degree in Theatre (or other related discipline)
- Hold a PGCE or recognised full teaching qualification (or achievement within 3 years)
- Hold GCSE A*- C in Maths and English qualifications or Level 2 equivalent
You should also be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of teaching Theatre related subjects both practical and theoretical
- Experience of working within Higher Education, ideally in a teaching capacity
- Experience of working with 16-18 year olds, ideally in a teaching capacity
- Relevant industry experience
- Child Care Vouchers
- Generous Annual Leave
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Good Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training & Development
Closing date: 11.00am on Friday 5 May 2017
Provisional interview date: Wednesday 17 May 2017
See what we have to offer and come and join us. For further details, please refer to the job description and person specification above.
Transforming lives through learning ???
??? by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.