Salary: Up to c.GBP31,000 subject to skills and experience
Benefits include: 9% Bonus at target, 28 days leave + Bank Holidays, highly competitive pension and flexible benefits package.
We are currently working on behalf of the UK's largest mutual pensions, insurance and investment company, who employ over 3,000 people across operations in London, Bath, Edinburgh, Wilmslow, Glasgow and Reading. With an exceptional customer focus their aim is to become the most trusted and recommended provider of insurance and investment products.
As part of their drive to deliver this goal and continued business growth they currently have a fantastic permanent opportunity for an ambitious Team Manager to join their Group Customer Services function in Edinburgh.
The purpose of this role is to develop, engage and inspire your team of Customer Service Consultants to provide an excellent service which exceeds the expectations of clients both externally and internally.
We are looking for experienced people managers with a real desire for career progression and upwards development. Naturally innovative thinkers with great leadership skills who will lead their team on a day to day basis with a focus on service delivery, continuous improvement and people management; including performance and behaviour management.
Energy and enthusiasm to make the organisation a great place to work are essential as is the desire to have a positive impact on the success of your team and the wider business area.
- Ensuring that all customer interactions are delivered within clear quality standards
- Understand and manage workflows/demand to enable Team planning and priority setting
- Manage team to ensure productivity and efficiency levels are met
- Directing and driving a continuous improvement culture within the team
- Supporting implementation of operational change
- Coaching, developing and supporting individuals to deliver the best outcomes for customers in an effective and efficient way
- Team planning and priority setting
- Manage individual performance through objective setting and regular performance review
- Ensuring high levels of engagement, knowledge and understanding
Essential experience and skills required
- Ability to lead and develop a highly successful team in dynamic, high-growth environment
- Proven relationship building and influencing skills demonstrated through stakeholder management
- Pro-active, personal drive and enthusiasm to deliver the best customer outcome and initiate service improvements
- Strong planning, organisation and administration skills
- Excellent communication and engagement skills
- Ability to self-manage, organise and prioritise workload
- Understanding of working within SLA's
- Strong team focus
- Keen desire for career progression