Co-ordinates with: HR colleagues, Heads of Curriculum/Service, other colleagues as and when required
Summary of Responsibilities:
Working collaboratively across the HR team, lead the development and implementation of HR best practice; to educate and improve the capability of the HR team and line managers; to drive and improve organisational performance through innovative yet robust People processes, ways of working and approaches to People Management.
Principal Duties and Accountabilities
- Taking a project management approach, lead the development, implementation and embedding of HR specialist projects and initiatives to enhance organisational effectiveness, to cost and schedule, in line with the People Strategy.
- Lead the delivery of HR information and insights critical to the management of the business ensuring that data is accurate and delivered within a timely fashion.
- Responsible for the design of all end to end processes of HR specialisms, ensuring that the processes are fit for purpose from the end users perspective, in line with industry best practice as well as enhancing organisational performance.
- Responsible for business processing mapping for all people policies and procedures, developing guidance materials that are effective and easily understood.
- Responsible for designing and implementing HR measures and metrics for each specialist area, contributing to People Analytics as well as an excellent HR service.
- Ensure communication and engagement plans are developed alongside all changes to specialist process, so that change impact is reduced and implementation is successful.
- Maintain a high level of specialist knowledge, keeping up to date with employment law and driving forward thinking HR practices.
- Coordinate HR 'team meetings', devising an annual specialist themed plan amongst the team, promoting HR development and sharing of knowledge.
- Influence and improve the culture of organisational People Management through effective stakeholder management and change management approaches.
Standard Responsibilities for all positions in B&FC:
- To fully adhere to all college policies and procedures.
- Take appropriate responsibility to ensure the health and safety of self and others.
- Pursue the achievement and integration of equality and diversity throughout all College activities.
- Blackpool and The Fylde College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff to share this commitment.
- To show commitment to the College and its internal and external customers.
- To work co-operatively with colleagues at all times.
This job description is current at the date shown and may be amended after consultation and agreement between management and the post holder.