Business Development Manager
Our client is a leading developer of software services. They develop robust, real-world solutions and provide supporting services that create real business benefit. Our client operates in a broad spectrum of market sectors including, defence, security, maritime, government, commercial, space, transport and media & broadcast. Within these markets, our client has been involved in significant developments in key technologies that have changed the way people do their jobs. Our client solutions are frequently right at the core of their customer's business. Delivering these solutions requires partnership and mutual trust. Frequently they are complex and distributed, requiring innovation and unusual integration.
Our client is currently looking to appoint an additional Business Development Manager to work as part of their Defence, Security & Maritime sales team.
The role reports to the Head of Sales of the Defence, Security & Maritime Sales Business Group. The successful candidate will be responsible for account management and developing new leads and converting them into new profitable business. This is a hands-on role, with the candidate being required to work at all levels and in all roles as necessary to make sure the sales objectives are met.
Business Development Manager - Permanent - Bristol or Wiltshire - GBP45,000 - GBP55,000 per annum + OTE
- To identify and develop new contacts and create and maintain relationships with key individuals in organisations in target markets. These relationships will be a key route to generating new opportunities.
- To work creatively with potential new prospects and staff to identify propositions that will meet prospects' needs.
- To lead on bids and contract negotiations as required.
- To ensure a smooth handover to the Account/Operations Manager at an appropriate juncture or to take on that responsibility as required for designated clients.
- In conjunction with other members of the sector team, to contribute to the development of the sector sales strategy and plans and assist in the preparation of annual business forecasts.
- Proven track record in professional software services sales from first contact through to closure.
- Experience in selling into the Defence Market and its supply chain.
- An excellent understanding of software development and systems integration with the ability to build up an in-depth knowledge of our client's technical capabilities and deliverables, operations, procedures and customer base in a short time.
- Commercial awareness and entrepreneurial flair; spots opportunities quickly and identifies potential risk areas.
- Commitment to achieving targets. Good personal organisation and focus.
- High level of written and verbal communication skills - produces and delivers appropriate well-structured presentations and proposals.
- Ability to work on own initiative whilst playing an active role as a member of the business team.
Note this is not a product sales role, candidates will need to be able to demonstrate measurable success in professional software services sales.
You will be required to hold a minimum of SC security clearance. If you do not hold an active SC clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2017.
Job Role: Business Development Manager
Location: Bristol or Wiltshire
Salary/Rate: GBP45,000 - GBP55,000 per annum + OTE
Start Date: ASAP