Component Engineer (Electronics) Doncaster
Component Engineer ( Electronics ) Doncaster.
Commutable from Sheffield, Rotherham, Barnsley, Wakefield, Worksop, Chesterfield.
Component Engineer, Component Electronic Engineer, Electronics Hardware, Electronic Power Supply, R&D.
This leading Designer and Manufacturer of Quality Electronic Control and Software Sensor Products are seeking an experienced Electronics Component Engineer to support the Engineering and Purchasing teams in electronic components selection, elevation and approval. The person will also be responsible for supporting other business functions such as purchasing, production and quality.
The main duties of the Electronics Component Engineer include:
* Identify components required for design and development
* Find alternative sources and components, evaluate and approve in conjunction with the Electronics Hardware Design Engineer
* Identify and follow up potential component cost reduction ideas
* Determine and agree with business functions generic component strategies.
The KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS NEEDED of the Component Engineer include:
* Minimum of 1 year experience as an electronic components engineer
* Previous work with and understanding of electronic components is essential
* Minimum HND in Electronics and Electrical Engineering.
It would be desirable if you have some appreciation of electronic power supply components and experience of dealing with Far East suppliers.
The Person Profile of the Component Engineer is likely to be:
* A self-motivated individual who can demonstrate success in working with electronics hardware
* Logical thinker with a structured approach to problem solving
* Capable of contributing to team effort as well as working in isolation without close supervision
* Forward thinking and creative
* Communicates clearly and concisely both within the company and when dealing with 3rd parties
* Good time manager who completes tasks to agreed criteria
* Leads by own example
* Aims for the highest standard of work
* Computer literate.
Due to a major R&D Investment expansion drive, this is an exciting opportunity that offers genuine development and career progression with an attractive benefits package. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a market leading and innovative team. The company has a great culture, new R&D offices, with a commitment to continuous training & development, supported by excellent staff retention.