CAD/BIM Support Specialist
- Full Time
OPENING DATE: 30 March 2017
CLOSING DATE: 27 April 2017
CONTRACT: Permanent with 12 month probation period
REPORTING TO: KPF Firm wide Technology Director (overall); KPF London CAD/BIM Manager (daily)
OVERALL PURPOSE OF JOB:
The KPF London CAD/BIM Support Specialist will be responsible for assisting with the maintenance and support of CAD and BIM aspects of projects in the KPF London office as a member of the firm wide CAD/BIM team. They will assist the KPF London CAD/BIM Manager in ensuring the effective operation of all projects. Aspects of the position include project setup and configuration, daily staff support, helpdesk response, CAD/BIM standards enforcement, basic software maintenance and installation in support of the KPF firm wide BIM implementation strategy.
In addition to supporting AutoCAD and Revit activities, an ability to help guide teams on wider BIM/collaborative workflows would be a benefit.
MAIN ACTIVITIES/TASKS: (Within designated area of responsibility):
- Maintain and support users of Autodesk AutoCAD and Autodesk Revit within the London and Abu Dhabi offices
- Respond to CAD/BIM software-related Helpdesk requests
- Perform project setup of new projects - directories, standards, customisation as needed, sourcing of initial information ie OS Data or 3D location models in appropriate formats
- Assist with the monitoring and enforcement of KPF CAD and BIM standards and project directory structures
- Perform project audits to ensure good health of live information
- Assist with software installation for CAD/BIM applications within KPF London
- Assist teams with Newforma project integration
- Interface with software support providers to quickly resolve more complex problems
- Perform Level One support for all 3D modelling design applications
- Assist with set up of new Revit files - setting up of coordinate systems, linked model structures, etc.
- Help teams to prepare information for sharing and collaboration activities
- Assist with basic AutoCAD support for KPF offices in Asia when required
- Assist with exploration and testing of cloud-based collaborative technologies as well as other emerging trends
- Help to ensure that projects meet clients' BIM requirements for key projects
Note: supplemental training will be provided as necessary
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: (eg micro skills, external contacts etc.):
The successful candidate must be highly motivated, eager to learn new skill sets, at ease interacting with architectural staff, and ideally knowledgeable of the latest CAD/BIM technologies. Must be highly organised and rigorous with file organisation and implementing standards.
This position will ultimately take direction from the firm wide BIM/CAD leaders and a collaborative and cooperative mindset is essential as well as a willingness to put forward suggestions to help find new solutions.
Previous experience in an equivalent role is desirable.
OTHER FEATURES OF THE JOB: (eg travelling, working conditions, hours etc.):
- Hours 9am - 6pm with a one-hour lunch break. (40 hour working week)
- 20 days holiday per annum (pro-rata).
- Reduced fee private medical health insurance with Prudential
- Competitive pension scheme (subject to completion of a three-month probationary period).
- Option to join a subsidised dental plan.
Covent Garden, London
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
A good working knowledge of Autodesk AutoCAD 2016-7 and Autodesk Revit 2016-7 is highly desirable.
Must thrive in a highly energetic, creative, and intense environment. A proactive, problem-solving working methodology is desired.
Knowledge of the UK Architecture, Engineering and Construction (AEC) industry would be a major benefit.
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS NECESSARY:
Educated to degree level or equivalent. Either:
- BArch/MArch to Part 1 equivalent with excellent software skills
- Software/computing degree with an interest in an architectural environment
- An ability to rapidly pick up new software skills is essential;
- A sensible and methodical approach to problem-solving is required;
- Autodesk AutoCAD or Revit experience is desirable;
- Rhino, Grasshopper, Navisworks, Dynamo, 3DSMax experience would be useful;
- Knowledge of the UK BIM Mandate, including the BS/PAS 1192 Suite of Document & preparing COBie outputs is favourable;
The successful candidate must be highly motivated and proactive - someone who is bright and can work in a hectic and busy environment. The person should also have the ability to think for themselves without constant supervision, and plan and organise their time effectively especially for ad hoc last minutes queries that can become quite urgent. The perfect candidate will be excited about new technology and be keen to part of KPF.