Support Engineer ( Electronics ) Chinese speaking, Rotherham.
Technical Support Engineer ( Electronics ) Chinese speaking, Rotherham.
Commutable from Sheffield, Rotherham, Barnsley, Doncaster, Worksop.
Technical Support, Electronics Support, Training, Installations, Sensors, PIR, Detectors, Microwave Detector, Electronics, Security Systems, PCBs, R&D.
This leading Manufacturer of Electronic equipment for the Security Industry are seeking a Chinese speaking Technical Support Engineer ( Electronics ) x5 for their expanding South Yorkshire site.
The Support Engineer will plan, co-ordinate and deliver international technical support, documentation and training on all company products to customers such as installation companies, distributors, specifiers, integrators and monitoring stations.
The Essential requirements for the Technical Support Engineer include:
* Fluent in English and Chinese
* Ability to communicate at any level (from a single installer to a technical director of a listed company)
* Experience in International Technical Support area within the Security Systems market, Intruder/Alarms or Electronics Sensors
* Good team player
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
* Can do and hands on attitude with practical approach
* An eye for detail
* Innovative, resilient, decisive and resourceful in problem solving
* Trustworthy to work on confidential and sensitive matters
* Good skills in using innovative presentation and support software, online tools and other methods
* Good IT literacy
* HND/Degree or formal qualification in Electronic Engineering.
The Duties/Responsibilities of the Technical Support Engineer include:
* Handling and managing technical support calls to help identify product problems and issuing appropriate advice and guidance
* Close liaison with Export teams to ensure customer contact is well managed
* When required, carry out visits on site to identify and rectify reported faults or problems
* Deliver technical training workshops or one to one sessions to customers, using a range of techniques to suit the audience remotely
* Responsibility for the development of training programmes, tools and learning content to support the development of clients' technical capabilities
* Ability to use multiple software packages for preparation of products presentations and training courses
* Cooperate with marketing for production of product related technical datasheets, manuals and websites
* Cooperate closely with the Product Development Manager bringing feedback from market and assisting with product specifications requirements.
With a culture of innovation and utilising world-leading electronics manufacturing, the company continues to expand its award-winning range in Security products and Building/Home Automation Apps. Having celebrated their 30th year anniversary and now part of a multi-billion-dollar group of companies, they continue to grow and develop as it looks to assert itself as the number one manufacturer of Security equipment. Resultant of this, they are looking to find skilled, determined and committed individuals who will help mould and drive a highly successful team.
Great career opportunities in a professional, well established, secure, successful and expanding organisation. Working with a variety of interesting Wired and Wireless technologies, you will support products and have design input in a friendly, multi-disciplinary team. The company has a great culture, with a commitment to continuous training & development, supported by excellent staff retention.