Development Database Administrator (DBA)
Development Database Administrator
Are you a Development DBA with a passion for Database Technology?
Do you have strong SQL Server knowledge?
Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment?
* This position is open to applicants in both Leeds and Glasgow - All applicants must be eligible for SC Clearance.*
We are currently recruiting for an experienced development database administrator to join a team of like-minded professionals to contribute on critical database development projects.
You will be one of the key members of the database admin team, managing a large and varied collection of MS SQL Servers, providing support to day-to-day critical business activities as well as development for continued service improvement and agile software development projects.
- Implement development tasks with minimal supervision, including database designing, programming and testing within a Test-Driven Development process
- Provide accurate estimates for your own development tasks
- Understand and apply a formal quality approach
- Analyse customers' incident and problem tickets within strict Service Levels
- Liaise with customers and other third parties to ensure that their requirements meet your development in the most efficient and cost-effective manner
- Liaise with internal Change and Release Management functions to enable the smooth transition of solutions from test and Pre-Production into Production
- Produce both customer-facing and internal knowledge base documentation as required in line with company and customer standards
- Participate in and facilitate knowledge sharing between Support, Development and Service Delivery functions
- Act as the technical lead in the resolution of customers' major incidents
- Strong knowledge and experience with database development and T-SQL programming
- Good knowledge on SQL Server infrastructure and database design
- Solid experience of SSIS and SSRS
- Solid experience of query performance tuning
- Knowledge of Agile development concepts and principles
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of staff within the organisation and customer
- Excellent organisational skills and an eye for detail
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced, pressurised environment
- Analysis and solving of Incidents and Problems
- Experience of working within a quality environment
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- PowerShell Scripting
- Experience with SQL Server AlwaysOn Availability Group
- Experience with SQL Server Cloud Service such as Azure and AWS
- Knowledge on SQL Server BI, data warehouse such as Master Data Service and Data Quality Service
Company Reward Scheme:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
If you're interested in this position or would like to discuss the opportunity further - please apply today or contact one of the Cranford team for more information.