Drawing Office Manager
FTSE 100 Global Organisation - GBP35,000 - GBP50,000 + benefits and exceptional career progression
A rapidly expanding FTSE 100 organisation are looking to take on a Drawing Office Manager for a critical project at Hinckley Point C
The Drawing Office Manager is to be part of a design team undertaking the development of the mechanical systems for the Balance of Plant contract for the Hinkley Point C power station. Secondary is to be involved in the development and implementation of Digital Engineering/BIM working methodologies within the organisation. The role on the project is to lead the co-ordination and collaboration of data and information within a 3D federated model. The models and information is used for various purposes, which will grow and develop with the phases of the project
The main responsibilities of this role are as follows -
Engineering Information & Configuration
- Data structure definition and sign off and approval of proposals (including setting up folders in partnership with Document Controllers).
- Working with Information and Model Managers and associated deliverables and data produced by this group (eg Navisworks Models).
- Establish a common data environment and then maintain and validate the information flow.
- Ensure that third party software systems and data structures are supported, to maintain ongoing access to project critical data.
- Provide a focal point for all information modelling issues for a project.
- Ensure that the constituent parts of the collaborated, federated models have been approved and authorised as 'suitable for purpose' before sharing and before issuing for approval.
- Ensure that the constituent parts of the collaborated, federated models are compliant with the project information plan and asset information plan.
- Record and monitor shared data and relationships between models eg grids, floor levels, shared project coordinates.
- Determine an agreed coordinates system and communicate this to the design team.
- Clash detection - identifying and documenting clashes between different discipline models using clash-detection software including chairing design co-ordination meeting to resolve clashes.
- Ensuring that each organisation or team working on the project has met requirements of the co-ordination programme.
- Animations and walkthroughs for various purposes including: construction and installation methodology, O&M, Operator training etc.
- Establish quality control procedures to check that all of the models are accurate; the level of detail is fit for purpose.
- Proven ability to lead parametric modelling teams and provide adequate support to mentor and develop modellers.
- Proven ability in maintaining 'expert' status on assigned software application and using this to manage models and modellers to ensure compliance with standards and defined levels of detail.
- Continually demonstrate good knowledge of the technology and future developments to identify improvements and inform business and project decisions.
- Familiarity with use of Work Breakdown Structure, bar charts, budgets, and design quality plans.
- Ability to estimate man-hours required to prepare engineering deliverables, and ability to estimate cost to complete tasks.
The successful candidate will display the following skills and experience -
- Experience working as a Model Manager, CAD Manager, BIM Manager or BIM Co-ordinator.
- Proven ability in using 3D parametric modelling software to an advanced level.
- Knowledge of the AutoDesk Suite of engineering design products is preferable, particularly Navisworks Manage.
- Experience in adoption of Product Lifecycle Management or BIM processes, preferably in EPC projects.
- Relevant engineering degree preferable, although a minimum of an appropriate engineering HND and demonstrable experience is sufficient.
- Incorporated Engineer or Technician member of an appropriate institution or working towards membership.
If you feel that you can demonstrate the necessary Commercial Management experience as detailed above and would like to work for an established FTSE 100 organisation on a varied and interesting portfolio then I would like to hear from you.
Please apply on line or send your CV to Aaron Wallace on (see below)