Senior HR Business Partner
Senior HR Business Partner - Swindon
GBP50k - GBP55k + 20% Bonus + GBP434 car allowance + benefits
About the Senior HR Business Partner Role:
Joining our friendly HR team as a Senior HR Business Partner you will form a vital element of our HR service. Although very much supported by the wider HR team, you will act as the single point of contact for your commercial clients on people related issues. As well as guiding the business in the areas of Talent, Employee Engagement, Reward and Organisation Design, you'll get great exposure to/involvement with change management programmes.
As a Senior HR Business Partner you will:
- Provide line managers with the appropriate level of support and coaching to enable them to make effective hiring decisions
- Support line managers in driving employee engagement through effective leadership and action planning
- Lead organisation design activity associated with structure change for your customer group and project manage any change/restructuring activities
- Provide advice and support in managing complex employee relations issues for the senior population
- Driving the talent agenda within your business areas
- Ensuring effective deployment and embedding of Group HR processes and initiatives including such as engagement surveys, personal development review processes, Bonus and Annual Pay awards etc.
As an experienced commercial HR expert, your expertise in the area will be significant, including up to date specialist knowledge in areas such as coaching, talent management, TUPE, etc. In addition, through your substantial experience gained within a commercial environment you'll be able to demonstrate:
- A track record of excellence in relationship building and business partnering with senior stakeholders
- A structured approach to project and change management within the HR arena
You'll be comfortable, willing and able to lead by example and also adopt a practical hands-on approach when required. Your excellent communication skills will also be vital in this role, as will your business acumen and strong commercial awareness.
Our Connect News and Media division; Smiths News is the UK's largest news wholesaling business with 55% market share, distributing newspapers and magazines on behalf of all major national publishers and a large number of regional publishers. The business serves 30,000 customers across England and Wales, supplying large multiple retailers and independent newsagents. Dawson Media Direct supplies newspapers, magazines and inflight entertainment technology and content to over 120 airlines in 115 airports worldwide. More recently, we have invested in two exciting new businesses. Pass My Parcel is a click and collect local delivery service with clients including Amazon and ASOS. Jack's Beans is a vended coffee brand which we market through retail outlets across the UK.