We are a highly respected and recognised organisation who offer digital and ICT advisory services for the public sector. Due to our growing business we are seeking a Business Architect to join us on a permanent basis.
Our current client will need to support its internal Intelligent Client Function to support a new Technical Architecture of Corporate ICT systems, Back Office HR, Finance, and Payroll Systems and Line of Business Customer Facing Systems and therefore we are seeking a Business Architect to assist in this significant transition programme.
As a Business Architect, you will be a strategic thinker with strong leadership skills and extensive Public Sector experience. For this particular project you will be working alongside the Enterprise Architect and Change Manager to determine whether the technical solutions being proposed align to the Service User and Senior Stakeholder business needs.
You will be responsible for the following (the below is not an exhaustive list but will give an indication of the requirements):
- Apply a structured business architecture approach and methodology for capturing the key views of the ICT Service
- Capture the tactical and strategic ICT Service goals that provide traceability through the organisation, design the structures, processes and rules for the service, applying volumes and metrics;
- Describe the primary business functions for ICT and distinguish between customer-facing, supplier-related, ICT execution and ICT management functions.
- Define the set of strategic, core and support processes that transcend functional and organisational boundaries; identify and describe external entities such as customers, suppliers, and external systems that interact with the business; and describe which people, resources and controls are involved in the processes.
- Define the data shared across the enterprise and the relationships between those data.
- Capture the relationships among roles, capabilities and ICT business units, the decomposition of those business units into subunits, and the internal or external management of those units
- Define ITIL Service Management functions and processes
We are currently involved in a number of projects within the local government across the UK, including numerous local authorities in London, Birmingham, Liverpool and Cornwall (among others). This is providing us with the opportunities to provide further resources to our customers, support the delivery of our own programme teams and create exciting new roles within our fantastic team.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Business Architect to join a growing team and an excellent organisation. You will have the opportunity to continue to work on a number of large interesting and high profile projects in the future. As an organisation we are passionate about our workforce and continually promote growth from within. As a valued team member you will receive an attractive salary and benefits package. If you are keen to progress in a fast moving organisation and grow your career, we would love to hear from you!