Senior Event Coordinator
My Client is a small company with a large reach so the successful candidate will have extensive contact with a wide range of Research & Development companies, large pharma and all associated industries so this is a fantastic opportunity to learn and build on your knowledge base.
We are currently looking for a Senior Event Coordinator who may be on the cusp of progressing to Junior Event Manager. You will have around 3 years' event planning experience in a team environment, preferably within a membership organisation or life science environment. You will be joining our team at a very busy time with a full upcoming programme of events, including an industry-leading awards dinner, seminars, investor meetings, networking evenings and training events. Reporting into the Head of Events, the successful candidate will also work closely with the Event Manager and will be involved in various aspects of the event planning process, including the sourcing of venues, managing registrations, preparing event material such as brochures and delegate badges, corresponding with speakers, delegates and suppliers, and 'working' the events alongside the team.
- This role requires excellent organisational and administrative skills and a high level of computer literacy in all Microsoft Office packages, particularly Excel and, preferably, event management software.
- Personal attributes will include the ability to learn quickly, a keen eye for detail, an excellent command of written English coupled with effective communication skills.
- You will be regularly liaising with business leaders within the industry so you must possess a calm, professional and confident approach at all times.
- The role will demand flexibility with regard to hours, i.e. occasional early starts and late nights and you will need your own transport.
- NB: This role is not suitable for an Administrator/PA/Exec Assistant who is looking to transition into an Events role.
The successful candidate will possess:
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities. Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.