Data Analyst (2 to 7 years data experience)
We are an innovative enterprise solutions company based in The City who are passionate about building solutions whilst partnering with some of the most important institutions in the world. We transform how these organisations use data and leading edge technology to answer some of their most pressing regulatory critical questions. We are problem solvers on a global stage and as such our solutions have been used to stop financial crime and help banks with their regulatory data obligations with a view to KYC and CDD. If this type of project excites you, and you are happy using a mixture of hands on data and business analysis skills within a regulatory environment, then we would love for you to hear from you
Working as part of a group of specialist Data Analysts working on a global regulatory data project in The City. This role will suit a data savvy individual with previous experience in data who wants to move into a specialised but expanding space in the financial services markets.
- Ensures the proper implementation of data quality standards, guidelines, metrics and quality-expectations.
- Ensures accuracy, completeness, integrity, consistency, uniqueness, and timeliness of data.
- Executes enterprise data and analytics data quality tests/assessments and data cleansing activities.
- Monitors compliance of data flows against Enterprise Data and Analytics data quality standards.
- Serves as liaison between business and internal and external clients.
What we offer
- An opportunity to move away from a common data analysis role and into a business analyst style role.
- A great working environment with excellent growth potential.
- An entry into the regulatory data/RegTech marketplace - an industry cited with great growth potential in itself
Please note that we are looking for current commercial experience working with data in Excel and SQL (technical).
In addition,we are looking for a real passion to move into the growing market of regulatory data transformation. As such you will need to be able to demonstrate a track record of picking up concepts quickly and taking the initiation in your current role (soft skills).
- 2 - 7 years commercial (not academic) work experience in a role involving data analysis, data manipulation, data cleansing and/or data mapping (essential).
- Commercial experience of working with large data sets (essential).
- Advanced level MS Excel skills and commercial experience with Excel (essential).
- Knowledge of SQL and able to run scripts and use as a querying tool
- Excellent communication skills and awareness - able to eventually work in a client facing BA role spending time on our clients site (essential)
- Picks up complexed concepts quickly and without the need constant validation (essential)
- Takes the initiative and can work with minimum supervision or direction (essential)
- Able to present ideas, concepts and projects milestones with impact - can pull presentations together and can visualise data.
- An analytical mindset - an innate desire to "know how things work" and a natural problem solver.
- A graduate in mathematics, physics or a computing degree subject (desirable).
So please click 'apply' if you; are currently in a data heavy role, have strong Excel skills, an understanding of SQL, want to get on, learn new things and don't wait to be told what to do once you have found your rhythm.. [our ideal candidate]
Please note that we can only hire those people who currently have the legal right to work in the UK by way of nationality (UK or EU) or on a newly acquired Tier 5 youth mobility visa. We cannot sponsor or hire on dependency visa I am afraid.