Data Scientist - Ecommerce online retailer - GBP28,000 to GBP32,000 per year - Stockport, Cheshire
Have you completed an MSc or PhD within the field of Bioinformatics/Physics/Maths and want to be part of a well-established online business based in the South Manchester/Cheshire area? Are you an expert in statistical analysis, data mining and have a knack for identifying trends and patterns in large data sets? Are you looking for your next role and want to establish yourself with a genuine trend-setter and household name?
You will be working alongside highly experienced Data Scientists allowing you the opportunity to increase your experience exponentially. You will participate in numerous project work such as Bid Optimisation/Econometrics/Multi-Channel Attribution and much more.
What you need to succeed:
- Excellent analytical programming skills (SQL, Python, Matlab, R, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience of relational databases, data model and SQL
- Knowledge and experience of statistical modelling, machine learning, data analysis or data mining techniques
- Strong analytical and quantitative problem solving ability
- Excellent communication, relationship skills and a strong team player
What you'll do:
- Develop and implement robust, scalable and efficient machine learning algorithms that can work with large-scale data in production systems
- Work closely with data scientists and engineers to design, build and maintain scalable data models and data pipeline
- Collaborate with product management and engineering groups to develop new products and features
Additional Role and Responsibilities:
- Analyse very large data sets spanning advertisers and publishers traffic to interpret patterns and distributions for such attributes as clicks, impressions, page views, and revenue
- Provide strong analysis so you can document findings, conclusions, and effectively make systems recommendations to identify and mitigate abuse within our advertising platform
- Develop algorithms, tools, and techniques to efficiently investigate or shape invalid advertising traffic within search, mobile, and display advertising markets
- Use statistical techniques to design models/framework that detect fraud and other traffic pattern risks. Iteratively test, refine, and improve these models or framework
- Collaborates with relevant team members, developers, and Project Managers to ensure rules or algorithms are in alignment with business needs. Creating processes or policy documentation in alignment with the business needs
Location: Stockport, Greater Manchester, Cheshire
Applications: To learn more about this exciting opportunity following your recent successful studies and research at University; please call and speak with Emma Lloyd here at ISR Recruitment in our Manchester offices or email me a copy of your very latest CV/online profile for a call back in the strictest confidence.