My client based in Central Manchester are currently recruiting for a DevOps/Platform Engineer.
The DevOps/Platform Engineer will have a number of years' experience in a delivery focused environment and must be able to demonstrate:
- Strong commercial experience of managing complex multi-tier enterprise infrastructure environments
- In-depth configuration management, automation and Scripting skills including use of a Scripting language such as Python or Ruby, proficiency with Shell Scripting (eg BASH)
- In-depth knowledge of platform and application automated deployment technologies (eg Cobbler, Puppet, Chef, Tivoli Provisioning Manager, Foreman)
- Exposure to iterative/agile development methodologies (SCRUM, XP, DSDM, RUP etc)
- Exposure to continuous integration and build tools
- Use of source code version control
- Excellent Linux/Unix system administration skills
- Understanding of software and infrastructure architecture
- Good database knowledge and SQL skills (on an enterprise database such as Oracle or EnterpriseDB)
- In depth knowledge of virtualisation platforms and cloud orchestration technologies such as VSphere, vDirector, Xenserver, Xen, Cloudstack and Openstack
This is an urgent requirement, please apply immediately to be considered.