Head of Data Governance
Head of Data Governance
A fantastic opportunity has become available in Edinburgh to work with a well known and reputable financial service organisation to join the Data Division as the Head of Data Governance.
This role is required to Provide leadership in Data Governance acting as a champion and advocate for effective Data Governance across the Bank.
As Head of Data Governance you will play a key part in shaping and delivering the Data Governance Strategy for the Bank, ensuring data governance is Embedded effectively and a contributor in the future success of the Bank.
You will collaborate with senior stakeholders across the business to deliver the business' data governance requirements in the most effective and efficient manner, challenging the business continually on their requirements and priorities
The key accountabilities are;
- Develop and deliver a Data Governance strategy which supports the Bank's overall objectives.
- Establish strong working relations with key Data Governance stakeholders across the Group and provide effective leadership for the small central Data Governance team
- Develop and own the Bank's Data Governance framework, including Principles, Terms of Reference, Policies & Processes, recommending changes as required for the approval of the Data Governance Working Group (DGWG)
- Ensure that an appropriate and effective Data Governance Framework is in place which complies with applicable legal and regulatory requirements and best practice
- Develop and maintain effective Data Governance policies, procedures and guidance
- Responsible for ensuring systems and processes developed by business owners are compliant with information legislation (eg Data Protection Act 1998, Privacy of Electronic Communication Regulations etc.) and with Bank data policies
- Champion the importance of Data Governance for the Bank.
- Contribute to the Controlled Risk Assessment for the Data Management team
- Ensure all documentation is up to date and proportionate to business requirement
- This role will be a key contributor to multiple design authorities/steering committees and working groups across the business providing a common link between them
What we need from you;
- Significant Data Governance experience in a large and complex organisation
- Extensive subject matter expertise in relevant related legislation and standards
- Highly organised with excellent project management skills
- Highly analytical and methodical approach to problem solving
- Commercial awareness
- Strong influencing skills, with evidenced experience of managing senior stakeholders, up to and including Exco.
- Solid forensic analytical skills - driving right first time solutions
- Strong evidence of being able to turn data into actionable knowledge
If this sounds like a role you would succeed in please do not hesitate to get in touch. You can contact me direct on (see below) or email me at (see below)