Priding themselves on their ability to deliver immediate business value to customers of all shapes and sizes our client makes risk analytics faster and simpler for financial institutions across the globe. With instant, Real Time decisioning they enable clients to not only process more applications with greater efficiency, but also increase their sales conversions.
Founded in 1992 they provide solutions across all lines of commercial and retail lending to bank and non-bank lenders. The solution provides increased governance, compliance and risk management through automation, integration and straight-through-processing delivered via a flexible and highly configurable solution.
The Solutions Architect role is a hands-on position that will lead the project in development and execution. This position involves working with clients from the pre-sales phase through project completion including; performing requirements gathering, design, implementation and testing through customer sign-off.
The Solutions Architect will continually partner with Project Teams, both internal resources as well as client stakeholders communicating collaboratively to provide: technical direction, design best practices, configuration consultation, build reviews as well as building up business knowledge of the client solution to ensure a smooth transition over to the support function as well as managing client training needs going forward.
- Responsible for overall system of systems strategy including ability to analyse, define, and document solution for data, workflow, logical processes, user experience, interfaces and integration, performance and availability operations and deployment.
- Work with the Project Manager to ensure on-time and on-budget delivery for our clients.
- Hands on role to configure, code and test high quality applications adhering to architectural standards, procedures and techniques
- Provide training and technical guidance to the implementation teams, and ensure that the company implementations follow best practice configuration principles.
- Work with clients to advise them on key architectural decisions regarding the company platform and the supporting technologies.
- Workflow - Designing workflow using configurable objects for use across multiple client business channels and capable of both small/bespoke as well as enterprise wide, large scale implementations. Understanding of graph oriented programming, state transition and complex event processing.
- Messaging - Integration with messaging platforms using JMS. Design and implementation of message bus architecture for synchronous, asynchronous and fire and forget communications.
- Database - Familiarity with database modelling tools, with a thorough understanding of data model design patterns and metadata management.
- Network Performance - Familiarity with network design and routing. Ability to work with Network Engineers to identify performance related networking issues
- Operating system tuning - Familiarity with operating system tuning parameters. Ability to configure, troubleshoot and deploy within any of the following: AIX, Windows 2003 to 2012, AS400, Solaris and Linux and Shell Scripts.
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) - Ability to create well formed XSD schemas, proper XML document design and perform XSLT transformations. Previous experience implementing scalable SOAP services and WSDLs. Previous experience with RESTful API stateless architecture.
- Travel: Approximately 25% is required to support domestic and international clients.
- Critical Behaviours - Empathy (towards client needs as well as the ability to tailor solutions), Elicitation (comfortable dealing with ambiguity and able to elicit requirements and estimate work effort accordingly), Intuition (able to use experience and judgement to make decisions and manage risk), Confidence (ability to command audiences of various levels of seniority from CEO/COO/CRO level to operational stakeholders), Technical Credibility (ability to articulate technical solutions to other architects, solutions consultants as well as client-side technical stakeholders).
- Experience on both small/bespoke as well as larger-scale enterprise technology solution projects.
- Comprehensive IT analytical skills and strong problem-solving analytical skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of various software development methodologies (including agile techniques).
- Business Knowledge - Credit risk decisioning or financial service experience is preferred.
Degree in: Computer Science, Engineering or other comparable technical/numerical discipline.