PMO Manager - GBP45,000 -55,000 + Excellent Benefits Package (Bonus, Car)
Financial Services - Midlands/Buckinghamshire
Purpose of the role
Change Delivery works with Executive stakeholders to define, prioritise, plan and deliver a programme of strategic and tactical change across all business areas. Change Delivery and IT work as a single entity forming mixed teams and delivering multiple projects, each under the control of a senior project manager or project manager. Change initiatives are delivered via controlled processes and ways of working that are underpinned by Change Delivery Governance policies. Change Delivery has an ongoing remit to work with and on behalf of the business to enhance the change capability of the organisation and to maximise delivered value.
- Assists in on-going development and revision of the programme baseline and alignment of all projects and key changes within the programme.
- Delivers key programme communications and committee reports including Programme Steering Committees, Executive Change Board, Retirement Operating Board and Executive Operational Risk Committee.
- Supports in the maintenance of effective PMO programme/project tools to aid in process standardisation (project reviews, reports, templates, knowledge management, etc.).
- Drive the embedding of PMO methods, tools and processes across the programme.
- Identifies resourcing requirements to meet programme and project objectives. Develops and maintains a programme resource capability plan, highlighting where necessary and gaps between demand and availability of programme Matrix resources.
- Works with Project Managers to provide advice on programme/project planning, execution and tracking.
The PMO Analyst will need to be proactive and hands on with excellent communications skills with the ability to co-ordination and assimilate multiple projects and work streams.
Skills and knowledge
In-depth knowledge of project management methodologies, based on Prince 2, and Managing Successful Programmes within the financial services, ideally banking or insurance but not limited to
Must be Prince 2 Qualified
Full project and programme life cycle knowledge and experience (based on recognised PM methodology).
Highly organised with strong project administrative knowledge
If you believe that the above describes you, please get in touch with Tom Ogden at Oliver James Associates to find out more-/(see below) or click apply. If successful, you will be contacted within 24 hours. Oliver James are engaged as an employment organisation with an exclusive partnership for this particular client.