Flexible Hours - between 15-21 hours per week.
£12-15 per hour depending on experience.
The Actors Centre is looking for an experienced and reliable bookkeeper to help with the accounts at our unique arts venue in the heart of Covent Garden. We're very flexible on hours and days, so we can make the job work for you around the school run and those unexpected days where it all goes haywire!
The Actors Centre is the UK’s leading charity for supporting actors throughout their careers. Actors can attend workshops to develop skills, hire rooms and studios for their own use, or meet and work in the Green Room, which operates as an actors’ space during the day, and in the evening as a bar for our own Tristan Bates Theatre. It's a great place to be if you enjoy the performing arts.
We need someone to help the General Manager with the day-to-day accounts and bookkeeping. Initially the work will involve the day-to-day basics:
● Collect, print out, and process all invoices and paperwork from email, post, and internal mail.
● Collate purchase and sales invoices, get them authorised, allocate budget codes, enter to Sage.
● Check and top up petty cash and debit card balances.
● Check bank balances and update department heads re funds received.
● Check and update Future Pay membership subscriptions, and inform the Membership team.
● Enter the Reception and Bar till receipt forms to Sage (daily takings).
● File all paperwork, and back up electronic files daily.
● Process member credit refunds through World Pay and credit card terminal.
● Process the weekly pay run (suppliers, casual staff, etc.) and set up bank payments on-line.
● Reconcile World Pay transfers, and all bank accounts to Sage weekly.
● Reconcile the petty cash and debit card accounts monthly.
● Process monthly tutor fee payments in collaboration with the Workshops Manager.
● Assist in the monitoring of outstanding theatre hire income, working with the Theatre team.
● Assist in preparing trial balance and readying the accounts for annual audit.
None of the above list is particularly time-sensitive, so it doesn't matter if you need to change days and hours as you go.
The skills and experience you need for the job are:
● Strong experience of Sage Line 50 (Sage 50 Payroll a bonus).
● Excellent knowledge of Excel.
● Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in financial processes.
● Good understanding of accounting practices.
● Efficient and accurate bookkeeping skills.
● Reliable and dependable.
● Able to learn new processes and tasks quickly.
In time, there may be an opportunity to take on the further tasks of payroll, management accounts, and VAT returns, as you become more fluent with the day-to-day tasks.
If you are interested please email Humphrey Waterhouse, General Manager, with a copy of your CV, at email@example.com.
To learn more about The Actors Centre, please visit our website www.actorscentre.co.uk.
We very much look forward to hearing from you!